Chapter 13: Tournament of Fate, 1

Start from the beginning

As I expected, there was gunfire as soon as I showed up in the air. I burst to the side and looked at him. A submachine gun... I was right. His teammates were nearby too... Time for action.

Two of them were gunners, one was a dual blade wielder and the remaining was a-

"What the-?!" I grunted as she suddenly appeared before me, striking against my sword with a blade. The sound from the blade itself... it was made of a highly sturdy steel for sure.

"Ho..? You blocked it pretty well, as expected from someone from a Millennia," she smiled and pushed me away. "Ruria Einsheim, Runic Witch of the Royal Atlia Academy."

"Rosaria Reed of the Millennium Academy, nice to meet you. You aren't bad yourself... nearly got me there."

"That so?"

Great, a fight with someone from the second strongest academy in all of Altris. Neat-o.

She was flying, she had a type of wing ability herself... But before I could finish, she threw soon talismans at me, which exploded once they were close to me. I immediately flew back to avoid them.

Heads up, she's using fire attacks. Make her think she has an advantage, then catch her off guard.

Right!

Your friends are holding up well down there at least, Raan and Yun are doing pretty well. Oh, looks like this kid is their main, just like you.

Got it. I'll handle her quickly.

She threw more talismans towards me, and I flew around her to avoid them as they blew up. I needed to wait for an opening. The explosions weren't affecting my shields, which she must've noticed, as she switched styles and went back to her blade. This was my first time fighting someone in the air like this... with nothing to step on... wait, what if..?

"You're gonna lose if you space out!" She shouted and slashed at me from below.

I waited for it until her blade was just millimetres away from me, and I used my powers to repel her blade from me before I slashed at her. She blocked it and flew back before raising her arm at me and six circles appeared around me.

This can't be good.

All the circles then shot out a stream of talismans that surrounded me and all exploded at once, chipping away at my shields. It wasn't the fire damage... but the sheer force from the explosion that was doing it.

"Tch..," I grunted and burst forwards rammed against with my shields. "How about this!" I yelled and ejected her backwards, making her crash into a nearby building, halving her shield.

She flew back towards me and struck against my blade, and we were doing a dance of chaining attacks and parrying. All of a sudden, there were bullets flying my way. One of them was shooting at me, I had to break away from
the attack. She managed to hit me several times and brought my shields down to half as well before I dropped down and raised a circle above her and dropped it down against her, launching her into the ground. I may have hit her a tad too hard though... since I actually eliminated the remaining shields with that hit.

As for the gunner, he was still shooting at me before suddenly shooting a rocket and throwing some grenades at me. I raised a shield and burst towards him, storing the energy from the bullets before ramming into him and sending him flying with the extra energy from the bullets.