Looking for dipstick

Start from the beginning

Something thumped against the windows in the ceiling. A bunch of yellow things tried to crash in. Melissa guessed some kind of secret service police.

Leroy got through the door and Melissa banged it shut behind her. She panted and glanced at Leroy. "Friends of yours?"

My book is one friking load of references. I need to get a life.

The ghostly monster blinked at her. She took it as a no and brushed her shirt. She remounted. "Try a safer shortcut this time."

This one seemed safe enough. If you didn't count the humongous dinosaurs strutting around.

They got past quickly and thankfully reached the other portal in time.

The rest of their trip back was spent either talking or trying not to get killed. But what's new.

Finally they reached their destination.

They were back at Danny's clones' house. It was empty, of course. Danny and the others would have left hours ago.

Chelsea bit her lip. "Ok we're here....what now?"

Melissa tugged on her hair as she looked around. She couldn't find any indication of where the others could be.

Leroy, however, seemed to get different results. He sniffed the air and walked in circles. Then he stopped and stared at one spot unblinkingly.

Melissa grinned. "We keep following Leroy's nose."

And so they went. Nobody took any shortcuts for fear of losing the scent. Therefore it took a little longer than desired.

After about an hour, they reached a place where the others seemed to have taken a break.

It was a big platform that was being taken down. A few ghosts were walking around what looked like it had been a party.

Chelsea groaned. "They had fun without us? No fair!"

Leroy and Blackjack landed on the earth that surrounded the platform. They looked around for any signs of their missing friends. Leroy had a hard time sniffing past all the scent spread in this place and find the scent of when they continued with their journey.

"Hey!"

They turned to see a ghost make their way towards them. "The show's over. Scram."

Chelsea frowned. "Chill dude. We're just looking for our friends. Anyway what kind of show was it?"

The crossed his arms, wondering how these beings didn't know about it. "Ember's concert."

The girls' eyes widened. "Ember McLain?!"

The ghost nodded. "The one and only."

Chelsea gasped. "Can we get some autographs?"

He shook his head but before he could say anything the brown haired girl interrupted. "Aww please. She isn't very busy now right? I mean the show's over. She could make time for two measly autographs?"

The ghost narrowed his eyes but eventually nodded, making the girls whoop. He led them to the platform.

Melissa couldn't help but be excited when she spotted the famous pop star and her band.

Chelsea grinned as they got closer.

Ember was chilling and talking with a few band members. They laughed about something the guy said. Then a girl nudged Ember with her elbow, having spotted the two humans approaching them. The girl narrowed her eyes. "We've got company."