When his heart stopped beating

Start from the beginning

*~*

He wouldn't leave Dean's side, never again. This was his place, he would always be there to support his boyfriend, to make sure that Dean was okay, that Dean wouldn't give up. This was where he was supposed to be. Dean always told him that he was an angel and now he would make sure that Dean would never lose his angel again and that he would always have someone that had his back and helped him up when he couldn't do it on his own.

Then again, he would need some support as well. He was just human, he was no superhero, no angel, nothing supernatural that could get by on its own. He was a mere human, he needed support as well.

And he hoped that he would get it as well. After all, they were in a relationship and no relationship was an one way road, both parties had to make sure things were working out. He knew that he couldn't expect any help from his family, all of his brothers were stuck up and didn't like the youngest, they had been glad that he had been gone. The only family he had were Jody and the rest of the foster kids and obviously Dean and Sam.

The sad truth just was that he was the one who always was there for his friends and his family. He always supported them and made sure they weren't alone, who always made sure they were alright. He tore himself apart to make other people happy and often he didn't even get a thanks. It hurt more than he wanted to admit, it broke him.

With Dean he had felt like he belonged for the first time, he felt like finally someone cared about him. He could let himself go, he could be weak while also being strong enough to know that Dean was happy. They were the perfect match.

Well. They were supposed to. Had been made for each other.

He didn't know if things would still be the same now. Dean had been so sure that he would die, the last words they had exchanged sounded so much like it. What if Dean didn't want him any more when he woke up? What if Dean decided that their relationship had ended the moment his heart stopped beating?

What if he wasn't good enough any more?

He couldn't think about a life without Dean, he couldn't imagine what it would be like. He loved Dean with all of his heart, Dean was his everything. He had invaded every part of his life, there was no way he would find back to being Castiel without Dean by his side.

He would be lost.

*~*

"Castiel? Can I talk to you for a moment?"

Cas blinked slowly and lifted his head. He felt like he was in a trance, like he had been asleep for hours and just woke up. It was such an annoying feeling if he was honest and he hated it. Still, he had to be okay, if just for a few moments until the person was gone again.

It was Percy.

Not that Cas had anything against Percy, he was a nice enough guy and quite loyal to those he loved. Still, not Castiel's favourite person in the world.