"Whoever attempts to do so will need a magitech core. When they have acquired it, the core will need to be taken to The Tower of Life... which no one knows what or where it is" She finished, giving a half smile to Tess who nodded. "We need to find out where that Tower is" Peter stated.

"Provided it is actually a tower" Oswald interrupted.

I frowned, tilting my head. "Alithia was never the one to act or speak straight forward. She spoke through one..." He said, nodding at me, "... to command another and ended up doing what neither expected" Oswald raised his chin, casting a half-smile at me.

"So you believe that it might not be a tower" Peter nodded, leaning forward, his hands clasped together under his chin. Oswald nodded, but did not speak.

"Excuse me, but I believe I know where to begin" I spoke, breaking the silence. "One of my books, back home, spoke of the imperial tower in Astoria. It is said that the tower amplifies the emperor's magic... thus granting him extended life" I quoted what fractions of the book I could remember. When all this was over, I would have to read everything once again.

"Astoria" Celestine whispered. No one objected, for no one had a different plan to suggest. Even though it had not yet been decided, I could see it in their eyes, we were going to Astoria. "The Astora will not accept us, let alone grant us entrance to the imperial tower" Oswald countered, disbelief obvious in his voice.

"We will not enter as Shepherd soldiers then... you do look like a family after all" I suggested, shrugging casually. Everyone glance at each other. "Peter and Oswald will be brothers, Tess will be Peter's wife and Celestine will be Oswald's wife while Maria can be the child of either of you".

"What of you?" Oswald jerked his chin at me curiously. "I cannot say that I am an expert in disguises, but the one of the merchant has always seemed to work" I shrugged, leaning back. "How about a real estate agent? I have seen plenty of Sheep and Rabbits work as one, good coin they say" Oswald tilted his head. "Forgive me, but what exactly is this occupation?" I inquired, having no knowledge about it.

"They buy and sell houses to those who want to migrate or simply re-house their buisinesses, so instead of auctions that end up in a mess. People bid and the one who sells it, decides what bid he will accept" He explained, "It's a new market, promising".

It was an interesting occupation indeed. One of my neighbors had once left our town to work in Dover, perhaps he is rich now. "Ah, we will pretend to be traveling to Astoria to purchase a house... for your family" I smiled.

"This can work" Peter nodded.

Tess growled lowly, leaning back. "I know, I know. Do not worry, it will be just pretending" Peter said reassuringly. "It better be" Tess huffed, eyeing Celestine. "Mind if I know why you object with the idea? I was led to believe that Peter is handsome for Human standards" I tilted my head, confused. Oswald chuckled, almost choking.

Tess rolled her eyes, snorted. "She prefers... women" Oswald said, getting up, still smiling. "Oh... alright" I stuttered, eyes wide. "Oh wipe that goofy grin off your face or I will wipe the floor with it" Tess growled. Humans were utterly confusing and intriguing to say the least. However, I did not comment further –for my own good- as Tess threw her arm around Celestine who rested her head on Tess' shoulder.

I shook my head and turned to Peter, "At least she does not object with pretending" I smiled. Peter chuckled, glancing at his friend who was still scolding at Oswald. "If I survive, she will kill me herself" The man shook his head. "Women, they are terrifying and dangerous in whatever species, my friend" I laughed, throwing my head back. Peter seemed to share my mood and laughed with me, earning a punch on the stomach from Tess.