He would constantly apologize for everything he's done and that he doesn't want to hurt me anymore. I keep telling him that he doesn't have to constantly say that, but he wouldn't listen. He told me, "I'm never going to stop saying that until you believe it's true".

"Well, I've started answering him when he talks to me, if that's what you mean" I answer to Ky. 

He gives me a doubtful look. "You know that's not what I mean, Elise"

As he was answering, the doorbell rings, and I make my way to the door. The first thing I see when I open the door is what seems like a cloud of balloons. I push back the ones that get in my way.

"Sorry" the person holding the balloons mutters. After bringing them to the side, it revealed a face belonging to Daniel's.

He gives me a sheepish smile when his eyes lay upon me. I offer him a small smile in return and let him inside my house. He comes in and puts the balloons on the side of the living room. As soon as he turns around and catches a glimpse at Ky, his whole demeanor changes. His facial expression almost seems like the day I saw him yelling at the guy Katie cheated on him with.

"I'll...be upstairs" Ky says awkwardly, and heads upstairs.

Daniel doesn't say a word and follows his gaze on Ky until he's out of sight. "What's he doing here?" He asks a bit bitterly.

I look at him with furrowed eyes. "He just came because it's my birthday, Daniel" I answer him. "Why do you hate him so much anyway?" I decide to ask. I'm quickly taken aback by my sudden courage to say a full sentence and the one to keep the conversation going with him.

He shakes his head. "I don't necessarily "hate" him...I just-hm...it's complicated".

I cross my arms over my chest. "I think I can keep up" I say.

"It's nothing, Elise. Trust me" he says, letting out a small laugh.

Trust him? Did he really just say that to me of all people? I give him an uneasy expression, which makes his demeanor soften. He steps closer to me.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that" he apologizes, looking straight into my eyes.

I look make at his and see a hint of fear and sadness in them. He's been trying so hard to get me to talk to him and the look in his eyes almost tell me that he's scared I'll leave him again. My heart clenches the thought. And so I shake my head at him and offer him a smile, letting him know that it's alright. 

He lets out a sigh of relief and points to where the balloons are. "Those are for you...happy birthday" he say a bit shyly. "And uh...here" he adds, bending down to get something from his bag. He hands me another bouquet of flowers and a small rectangular box.

To his surprise, I take the bouquet of flowers from him without his explanation. I have, not a lot, but enough trust in him that I know these aren't rigged. The last bouquet wasn't rigged and he's proven enough to me that he doesn't want to hurt me anymore.

I take the wrapped box from his hands and slowly start to open it. It revealed a clear iPhone case. I look up at him with a questioning look. I love the case but how did he know I needed a phone case? I only talked about it with mom.

He scratches the back of his neck with a sheepish smile. "At-uh...school, I overheard you talking to Lilly that you needed a new case...and so I thought it would be a good gift...but I didn't know what you kind of case you wanted...or if you preferred a certain one...so I just went with the one I thought-" he starts to ramble.

I smile at his ranting and sweet thoughtfulness. I cut him off by wrapping my arms around his torso and gave him a hug. "Thank you" I say. With my ear against his chest, I could hear the rapid beating of his heart.

His ranting abruptly stops and his body stiffens. After he comprehends what happened, he relaxes and wraps his arms around me and hugs me back, while resting his chin on top of my head.

After we pull away, I take the case out of its box and snapped it onto my phone. I admired my phone for a moment or two and gleamed with happiness. I looked back up at Daniel who was looking at me with a peculiar look on his face.

"What?" I ask him curiously.

He smiles and shakes his head. "It's good to see you smiling again" he responds and brings me into another hug.

My body stiffens this time at his sudden action, but I slowly wrap my around him and hug I'm back. A sudden flash goes off, along with a snapping sound of a picture. I let go of Daniel and looked to where the source of the flash came from. At the bottom of the stairs is a grinning Ky.

"Found your Polaroid" he says, waving the picture he just took.

I roll my eyes at him and took the picture from him. Before I could turn around and put the picture into my case, Ky grabs my wrist and whispers into my ear, "In case you were wondering, this is what I was talking about earlier" and point to the picture. I look at him and then the picture not sure what he means. But knowing Ky, I'm pretty sure there's an explanation somewhere.

And by the way he referred to the picture, the explanation is hidden within it. Just like every meaning to what he says, is hidden within him.

A/N: Hey!

A/N: Hey!

So sorry I haven't updated on my usual day.  I haven't been writing because I've been extremely busy. But, I hoped you liked part one of this chapter! Part two will be coming soon.

Until then,

- Gia