Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

    The cries became louder. More painful like the baby is dying a slow death. My heart squeezed so hard that I saw flashes of my life behind my eyes.

    My mother, bloodied and sweaty, gasped for breath as she pushed harder until a baby wail filled the air. That wail started to weaken until no sound left from the baby. My mother screamed and cried, begged my grandfather to save me. She kept screaming no. Each word getting louder, longer, hoarser, and more painful. I watched as grandpa smirked with his mouth moving, forming into words I can't catch.

    The wails of the baby in the dark came again and I can't help but sob. It's dying, slowly and painfully. I opened my eyes only to see eternal darkness around me yet the baby continues to cry. I can't let it die. He doesn't deserve to die!

    I ran around blindly, not knowing where to go but only using the painful cries of the baby as my guide.

    With one last turn, I found it. It's in some kind of a cacoon with a light spotting it. I approached slowly, my heart beating faster and more painful as I notice the way tears are flowing freely from such a fragile thing that doesn't deserve such cruelty from our world.