25

Ty moved down the hallway at a brisk pace. He was going to be late to class, though he really didn't mind it seemed that Lucas did. Especially since he had gone a little overboard with the teasing. A grin passed his lips as he ran a finger along the bottom one. He would skip classes entirely, but it seemed that too was not an option. Lucas would get mad and he really didn't want to do that.

As much as he enjoyed teasing his boyfriend, he found it more pleasing when the vampire wasn't about ready to blow up on him in anger. In any case, despite his outwardly lack of sensitivity, he really did care. He just had a different way of showing it, he supposed.

Turning around a corner he slammed into someone. The shorter boy was about the same size as Lucas was. Ty snatched his hand out and caught the youth before he fell to the floor in a heap. Smiling he steadied the student he'd run into.

"Sorry about that, are you alright?"

"Just fine. I wasn't really paying attention. Thanks for catching me, you've got some quick reflexes."

Ty grinned, "Practice."

The boy ran his hand through his light colored hair and laughed, "Well, I'll see you then."

Ty stepped aside to let him go. He noted that the boy he just hit had fangs and he thought that he was probably a vampire, but then again. He could very well have been a Stalker too. Continuing on his way, he went through the whole drill of showing up to the classes. When lunch came around he made his way to the cafeteria to get something to eat as well as food for Lucas. The school body president was so swamped in his own work and other things that Ty rarely saw him eat. That couldn't be a good thing, vampire or not.

As he got his food and was about to leave, he spotted Dimiyen taking a seat at one of the tables. He bit his lower lip as he watched her for a moment. Last time he'd seen her was two days ago and he'd threatened to kill her. It wasn't the greatest of his impressions. With a heavy sigh he looked towards the double doors of the cafeteria before turning and walking towards her.

"Dimiyen?"

She looked up at him in surprise. He offered her his best smile and she only stared in return. If he knew any better, he would have sworn her already chalky face grew even paler. Ty fought the urge to frown.

Clearing his throat he shifted uncomfortably. Damn he was terrible at this kind of thing,

"I... I uh, owe you an apology. I'm sorry for snapping at you the other day."

She seemed to relax a little bit. A small amount of color returned to her cheeks as she looked down at her plate of food, "It's alright. I deserved it really. I should have been stronger. I'm sorry for putting you and Lucas through that."

"It's alright. We made it out just fine, didn't we?" He beamed at her.

"Oh my. I never in my life would have thought it capable of Tyrathane to apologize to someone."

Ty frowned then, his eyes lifting to look up at the ceiling in annoyance, "Jeez Nameia, what a way to ruin the mood."

"Oh, my apologies, Ty!" she feigned worry, "I was just so utterly shocked that a man like you even knew the word 'sorry'."

"Oh whatever. You got a point here or not?"

"I think I just made my point. Well, I guess I'm glad that you're not intent on killing her," Nameia rolled her eyes.

"Why would I do that?"

"Don't play that card with me, boy. Harboring a demon or not, I'll kill you," she hissed as she leaned in towards him.

He backed away, raising his hands that were full of foodstuffs in the air, "Hey, hey! Relax will ya?"

She crossed her arms over her chest and glowered at him. With a sigh she rolled her eyes, "Fine. I'm still mad at you for threatening her though."

"Fair enough. Just don't... smote me. Smoting is bad. That would hurt. A lot."

The demi-God watched him for a moment. Then her lips twitched and her head threw back as she laughed. She continued like that for a good few minutes while Ty stared at her in astonishment. Was it something he'd said? When she finally got some control over herself, she was wiping tears from her eyes.

"Smote? Really, Ty?" she giggled, "God... you really do have an imagination don't you? Come on. I'm sure Lucas is waiting for us."

"Wait...you want me to come too?" Dimiyen asked, her voice shaking.

"Well of course."

"But I-"

"No buts. Just get up and get going. He hasn't seen you in years. Don't you think he'd like to see the one and only person he considers family?"

"But after all I-"

"I just said no 'buts',damnit. Get up or I'll smite you!"팶Q