21

Lucas screamed.

His voice shattered through the halls as Tyrathane fell to the floor. His body strained forward. Pulling his legs beneath him, the vampire pushed forward as hard as he could, almost dislocating both shoulders. His scream lasted for as long as he had breath. Even then, he continued. Short gasps of air exhaled in even shorter cries of anguish.

His head fell forward, shaking as it went. He was losing his mind. The vampire couldn't take it anymore. Once again he was powerless to stop the death of someone he cared about. His heart was crushed, shattered even. It was so painful, so utterly painful. Tears burned hot as they streamed down his face. Still, his screams hadn't stopped, only choked by the crying that ravaged his throat.

Why was this happening to him a second time? Why was it that he couldn't do a damn thing about it!? Rage started to kick in. It was slowly growing at the back of his chest. It burned even hotter than his tears, hurt even more than his shattered heart. His lungs heaved in the air around him, choking on the sobs that tightened his throat.

Lucas couldn't think properly, all he could see was Ty's body. No... it was Ahndrai that lay before him, broken and lifeless. The air sucked in quickly through his mouth. It was near hyperventilating. His vision wavered, the human's body shifted between that of Ty's features and that of Ahndrai's.

The vampires body limply hung forward in the kneeling position. His silvery gaze was locked on the human lying on the ground. He was numb to everything else, hell he couldn't even tell if he was breathing anymore. Lucas would have stayed there forever, but someone dropped down before him, obscuring his vision.

Confused, he shifted his gaze. The dark blue eyes that he looked into gave cause to the burning rage that had begun to fill him. His silver eyes narrowed and he jerked against the binds holding him. With his chest heaving as he ground his teeth, he thought of nothing but seeing Vahn's dead body lying before him in any way possible.

"Don't think I've forgotten about you, my dear Lucas," Vahn sneered at him. His hand reached forth and gripped the vampire's neck. Vahn pushed him backwards into the wall. The position was painful for both shoulders and wrists as the cuffs dug into his skin.

He shuddered against the wall, fingers twitching, uncurling and curling again as he huffed air between clenched teeth. Lucas' eyes narrowed at the man; half hoping that he would either tear his heart out or take his head from his shoulders. Those were the only two ways to kill a vampire.

"Where should we start hu?"

Lucas growled in response. Immediately after, L'liya's voice gasped in shock. There was a groan from behind Vahn and then the sound of a body shifting around. A sharp crack resounded in the room and then a release of air like a sigh of relief. Lucas wasn't really paying attention. His thoughts were too scrambled and he was only hell bent on killing the one person in front of him to care about anything else at that moment.

"I think I'll start," the voice was deep, different yet familiar. Lucas' eyes widened in pure shock. His heart nearly stopped as he looked up quickly. Tyrathane stood there, but it wasn't him at the same time. Instead of the beautifully alluring green eyes, they were sickly yellow.

His ears, still pierced, were elongated reminding Lucas of an elf, or better yet... the demons that he often saw around the school. The boy's lips were parted and the teeth that had once been human were pointed like a vampire, aside from the extra set along the bottom row.

A heavy sigh escaped the lips of the boy that stood up, "Really didn't want to end up like this..."

A hand stretched out and gripped Vahn's throat tightly. Long nails curved outwards from his hands as well. Vahn, who had been in shock moments before, didn't have the time to get away from the boy who grabbed him.

"Wait...you're...dead," he choked out.

"Ty..." Lucas breathed, unsure of what he saw. His heart was broken, maybe his mind was too.

"Sorry babe. Ty's sleeping. I'm Drezair. We'll explain later," the one called Drezair winked at Lucas. The sickly yellow eyes returned to Vahn who had started to struggle in his grip, "Funny. Thought you were the one and only hu? Think again. You're gonna pay for lettin' the cat outta the bag so damned soon," Drezair growled and promptly threw Vahn across the room.

He smashed into the wall on the other side, cracking the wall with the force that was put into it. The demon strode across the room and picked Vahn up a second time. Lucas watched in awe, his heart slowly remembering that it should be beating. A crackle of energy filled the air and along Tyrathane's arm, or rather 'Drezair's arm', silvery light pulsed.

Lucas sucked in a sharp breath. That was the same light that Ty had used the other night when he'd saved him from Vahn. The magic shimmered and then launched out of Drezair's palm straight into Vahn's chest. The demon let the other boy go and watched as he was flung yet again by the magic this time.

"Don't think that you're getting away that easily," Drezair announced suddenly and Lucas looked quickly to L'liya. She had slunk against the wall, making her way towards the door. Turning sharply, the demon moved to face her. He was fast, almost as fast as a vampire having drunk fresh blood.

L'liya froze, terrified as she was pressed against the wall. Drezair leaned forward slowly, a grin on his lips that so reminded Lucas of Tyrathane. Clawed hands took hold of her arm and threw her towards Lucas where she hit the ground and slid to a stop just before him.

"I believe we have a few questions for you, love. Then I'll kill you," he said slowly, pulling a finger to his mouth and running his tongue along the sharpened nail. L'liya lifted herself up to her elbow, orange eyes wide and her face paler than usual. Lucas took a deep breath as she looked up to him.

"Why?"