5

He couldn't just leave the vampire alone, not for very long anyway. It took only a few minutes before he decided to go after the boy. Once again his tongue ring burned slightly as he activated it with a bit of concentration. Lucas' face was easy to imagine, every detail coming to the forefront of his mind. Ty followed the trail that his grimoire showed him.

He saw Lucas' filmy frame work its way through the students and that was how his grimoire worked. It didn't take him long to find the vampire for he hadn't gone very far. However, Lucas was not alone. Sliding up against the wall next to the empty hall Lucas had gone down, Ty hid there as he listened in.

The conversation didn't last very long, but there was plenty that had Ty wondering. First off who in the hell were they? It had been mentioned several times throughout the conversation. None of it sounded good either, especially the part of Lucas finding a partner, whatever that meant. Then there was the issue of the Stalkers in the school.

That sounded intriguing enough for Ty to decide that he'd be snooping around that night. Finally there was the mention of a name that had him very curious. Who was Ahndrai and what had that person been to Lucas? It looked like he had some interrogating to do. Ty grinned as he pushed off the wall and started to his next class.

This class was nothing particularly important; at least it wasn't to Ty at that moment. Picking a spot in the middle of the class after his introduction -he was a transfer student after all- he leaned forward and got the boys attention in the seat before him.

"Hey, mind if I pick your brain for a bit?" Ty asked, flashing a winning smile.

The boy smiled in return and nodded as he turned halfway around in the seat, "What do you want to know?"

"Do you know Lucas?"

"Yeah. He's the Old Blood vampire. Used to be the schools body president too. But he quite a couple years ago. An accident of some kind happened that made him leave the job."

"His boyfriend was killed," a girl whispered from behind him.

"Killed? How?" Ty asked, turning just enough to look at her and include her into the conversation.

"Stalkers, or so I hear," she gave a slight shrug.

"So what's this whole thing about a vampire's partner?"

"You don't know?"

"Home schooled," Ty answered with a laugh and shrug.

The boy in front of him rolled his eyes, "A partner for a vampire means that you're stuck to them like glue. They drink your blood only and no one else's. They won't ever find someone else unless you die before they do. Basically you're their meal ticket for life."

"You make it sound so awful," the girl commented with a frown, "It's not like that at all."

"How do you know? Ever been bitten by one? I hear it's awful."

"So you haven't been bitten either. You have no room to talk."

"Neither do you!"

Ty raised his hands between them, a frown on his lips. Jeez, high school kids were so testy. As both of them settled down, he looked between them and offered a smile, "So, this boyfriend of Lucas', what was his name?"

"His name was Ahndrai. A hottie all around school. Kinda like you," the girl grinned.

He laughed softly, his lips pulling into a partial smile as he looked down at the floor. Sorry sweetie, barking up the wrong tree here, he thought to himself. It was nice, sure, but the girl had no clue that Ty was after Lucas only. Perhaps that was what made the situation funny.

"Thanks for all of your help."

"By the way, why did you want to know?" the boy asked.

"Let's just say I'm very interested in him, and he's not playing very nicely."

~~~

At the end of the day, Ty made quite the show of leaving the school. As the students left and the classes closed up, Ty made his move. Avoiding the teachers was easy, another one of his skill sets. Walking through empty halls, he wasn't really searching for anything or anyone. However, at the back of his mind he was half hoping to see Lucas.

He wondered what face the vampire would make when they ran into each other. Ty grinned at the thought as he turned down a hall. He hadn't been in that part of the school. None of his classes were in the section that he'd found himself in. Curiosity flooded him and he started down the hall at a faster pace.

There were no doors except one at the end of the hall. Well, no wonder I don't have classes here, Ty thought. He went straight to the door and opened it up slowly. Peering inside, he saw nothing but darkness. Humming softly to himself, he debated on whether to go in or not.

It felt rather ominous, so much so that he was almost positive that if Stalkers were around, they would be there. His mind made up, Ty went inside and felt the floor drop about twelve inches before it stopped. Stairs, he concluded and proceeded more carefully.

Soon the stairs ended and turned sharply to the left. Once he rounded the corner, light glowed at the end of the hall. Something was down there. That something he was pretty sure were Stalkers. Ty cocked his head to the side slightly, a smile crossing his face. The hall was rather short and Ty found himself in a very large hallway that intersected the one he'd come from. Fire lit the way all the way down both ways. It seemed that there were catacombs beneath the school. An interesting architectural set up, if he said so himself.

Picking a random direction, Ty moved swiftly down the stone corridors, taking random lefts and rights. He was sure to be deep in the labyrinth before he finally ran into someone. It wasn't Lucas, though and he felt rather disappointed. However, the boy he did stumble upon was no doubt a Stalker. Between his hands was a girl, a student at the school judging from her uniform. The Stalker dropped her body and turned to regard Ty with blood all over his face.

"Messy eater, hu?" Ty commented lightly.

"Well, you just made things easier for me. How 'bout you go next?" The Stalker replied smoothly. His finger slid across blood stained lips, dipping into his mouth to suck off the crimson liquid.

"I'll pass," Ty said as he took a step back.

"Too bad."

The stalker lunged at him, hands extended. The nails were long, longer than they should have been. The Stalker cut deep across Ty's chest, ripping open his school uniform and spraying blood.

Ty stumbled backwards slightly, wincing just a bit at the gashes through his right breast. Looking up, he smiled at the other boy, a strange look in his eyes. The green color seemed to start to change into a sickly yellow that glowed.

"My turn," Ty growled with obvious pleasure.