epilogue

♛ august third, two thousand and seventeen

THE COLD METAL STUNG HER SKIN as her arm rested on the chair in the interrogation room

THE COLD METAL STUNG HER SKIN as her arm rested on the chair in the interrogation room. it was her for the twenty-fourth time in that same interrogation room, being asked the same questions by officer kim hyojung. he was not a man that liked to joke around. he was very serious about his business, indeed. 

however, unluckily for him, bae juhyun was not giving him the answers he wanted. for the past twenty-three times she had been in this room, she told the truth every single time. the entire story seemed so far-fetched to everyone - even her. more than a year had passed since the murders of park sooyoung, son seungwan, and kim yerim. it was more than a year since kang seulgi committed suicide, framing her for all of the murders. 

kang seulgi, driven by hysteria from the serious depression and neglection, ended her life and got the greatest revenge. 

so, that's why bae juhyun was sitting in that awfully old metal chair that did no justice to her back for the twenty-fourth time in the frigid interrogation room number four, staring at a stressed middle-aged officer pull his hair out. 

when officer kim hyojung approached the table once more, she knew what was coming for her. 

"we know what you did last summer."

the man slammed his hands on the cold metal table in front of her, as if to intimidate her.

"alright."

yet the girl who replied remained tense.

if only they knew. 

but she guessed not all stories ended with happily ever after's and with the victim becoming a beautiful princess, married to a dashing (and slightly misogynistic) prince. her fairytale was not one with a happy ending, and she knew that she would be in interrogation room number four with kim hyojung for far more than twenty-four times. 

THE END. 

//

note: i have a letter after this (which addresses a possible alternate ending?) so dOn'T panic yet okAy