Chapter 16: Practicing Jamie's Song

Jamie helped Miss Crawly from behind the extension cord.

"Thank you, Jamie," she said.

"You're welcome," Jamie answered.

"Now I'll be right back. Could you teach him your song?" Miss Crawly asked.

"Yeah," Jamie nodded.

Miss Crawly left the room and Jamie sat beside Johnny. He got out the sheet music for her song and attempted to play it. Jamie giggled a little, making him stop.

"What's so funny?" he asked, trying not to smile.

"You really are bad," she chuckled.

He did the same and responded, "I know. It's been so long. How did you learn to play the piano?"

"I used to play the flute when I was younger. And since the flute plays the melody of songs like the piano, I taught myself," Jamie explained.

"Well, you're clearly the expert," Johnny responded.

Jamie giggled then said, "Just mimic me. Since the keys are the same notes but have different octaves, you can still play it."

"Okay," he nodded.

Jamie would play a little then Johnny would repeat it. She even sang a little bit of her song as they went on. He was learning quick and doing really well. Then he got to a hard part and she offered to help.

"Okay, so put your thumb here and your index finger here, then do the same with your other hand," she instructed as she placed his hands where they needed to be.

Then they realized that she was basically holding his hand. They looked at their hands then at each other. It was quiet as they couldn't quit looking into each other's eyes. Then Miss Crawly walked in, making them jump.

"Alright, I'm back. Thank you, Jamie," she thanked.

Jamie cleared her throat then stammered, "No-- No problem."

She got up and Miss Crawly took over.

"You go practice with the CD," she said.

"Yes ma'am," she answered.

Johnny nodded to her, thanking her. She returned it and when she got out of the room, she smiled and waltzed towards an empty rehearsal room. She hummed her song dreamily and started practicing by herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N OMG! I'm fangirling right now! Lol! I can't help it!