THIRTYONE ━ ❝back to black❞

Start from the beginning

       Her eyes been shut for too long and still nothing happened. Sleep was not coming to her, but she shouldn't be surprised since it hadn't since last year before the final task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. She had seen two dead bodies and then she was transported from her safe home to 12 Grimmauld Place which opened up a door she had shut many years ago for a reason.

       She huffed quietly to herself, throwing the covers off her and feeling her feet touch the cold ground. Calypso wasn't fazed byt it, too used to the feeling by now to care. Slowly, she stood up as to not stir her roommates, grabbing her hand from her bedside table and petting Nala for a moment while the cat slept. Softened by her, she pressed a kiss to her small head before heading away from her bed and to the door.

       Creeping through the night, she went down the hall to the bathroom. It was too dangerous to go to the Astronomy Tower with Umbridge running the school, even though that was her usual stop when she couldn't sleep in years past. So, she had begun to settle for the common room or the bathroom. She splashed water on her face, sighing to herself as her hands gripped the counter.

       The door opened and she immediately tensed, standing up to see who it was only to her uncle there. "What do you think you're doing?" she hissed at him, locking the door and staring at him as if he were incredulous.

       "I was outside in the hall – you know, since I don't stay in Hermione's room at night because that's creepy – and I saw you sneaking out," Regulus answered.

       Calypso frowned at him, "That's still incredibly invasive. I could've been using the bathroom."

       Regulus shrugged at his niece. "Well, I did wait a few moments when I heard the water running. Thought it was safe to come in then," he answered her.

       "You say you don't stay in Hermione's room because it's creepy and then you do this; it's still creepy, Uncle Reg," she told him.

       "Well, at least I'm not watching little girls sleep," Regulus said and she had to agree with him at that point.

       Calypso sighed, shutting her eyes for a moment before opening them. "This is dangerous, you shouldn't be out like this right now."

       "I wanted to talk to you and besides, everyone else is asleep and you locked the door. We're fine," Regulus pointed out, trying to ease her.

       "Yes, in the girl's bathroom. I'd feel more comfortable out in the hallway, honestly," Calypso said, shuffling since her feet still hated being against the terribly cold tile.

       Regulus raised his eyebrows. "Well, we can still go out to the common room and hang out there..."

       "No, nope, not happening. First of all, you're supposed to be dead. Second, because I know that no one else knows what you look like, no one knows who you are and will just see a strange man in the Gryffindor common room talking to Calypso Black – how suspicious. And third, you know exactly what they would think," Calypso finished off.

       "I don't think an eleven-year-old would think what you're talking about, but we'll excuse that one little flaw since everything else does make sense," Regulus said after a moment of consideration.

       Calypso huffed at him, wanting to grab his shoulders and shake some sense into him since he seemed to have lost it in his years as a cat. "You're insufferable, I don't know why I put up with you."