TWENTYSIX ━ ❝matter of time❞

( chapter xxvi

( chapter xxvi. MATTER OF
TIME )

🌙

         The arrival of Harry to 12 Grimmauld Place was not a joyous occurance even though that was how the masses had imagined it. Hermione and Ron, it was known, had dreamed of this since they had been told by Dumbledore himself that they couldn't contact their friend under any circumstance over summer in fear that something would happen, that the Death Eaters would be able to pinpoint them to their current location and attack, even though with the cloaking spell no one could see the true house where the Blacks once glowed.

         Early in the day, before the news that Harry Potter had been attacked by Dementors and had casted magic, surely expelling him from Hogwarts, there was Calypso Hope Black sitting in her dead (but not really) uncle's room with headphones in trying to just drown out all the sound. Trying, being the key word. Morning light poured in and she turned up the volume because breakfast was happening just downstairs and she was still away in this room trying to forget where she was.

         No one liked being there; no one liked staying in the house because of its eerie qualities. To the Weasleys and Order members who just dropped in for meetings every now and again, it was just unsettling. It held old relics of the Blacks' dark history and the screeching portrait of the fresh dead Walburga Black, fresh meaning she had only been dead for a little over a decade. For the Blacks, it held a darker side. Memories rushed through the three siblings head who had endured the tyranny of Orion and Walburga Black and for their children, the pain of knowing how cruel it was for them to stay here again.

         Maia had succumbed to staying in her bed, no one knew when she left or when she ate and Leo, who had been there weeks longer than any of the other children, had gotten a feel of what it was like to be alone in such a place. It was clear he hated that feeling, finding himself always with another person whether it be with his sister, silence deafening them, or with his cousin who humored him with conversation and a very cuddly cat. He spent time with his mum, too, but there were short periods of time when he would be alone and Calypso didn't know why when it crumbled him so much.

         For her, she liked being alone, much like Maia. While there was always the feeling of being watched accompanied by the eeriness, the house was already so loud for her and just trying to shut everything up with music helped. A little, maybe. The music also helped her forget the memories of her only other time with the house, trying to replace them with ones she had created with her best friend one night earlier that summer.

         It had been no different that morning, still there waiting until school returned with a calendar pinned up on the wall to mark off the days. At least there she could lose herself to the terrible, terrible memories even if it meant enduring Charms and Transfiguration. She knew it was the same for the others, anything to be away from the fallen household.