Goodnight, I Guess

REWRITTEN BUT UNEDITED

"Bye Mom!" I yelled from where I stood standing at the security checkpoint. My mother turned around and waved. After she disappeared through the metal detectors, I left the airport and called an Uber. I was extremely excited for more than one reason. One, my mother would finally be able to relax and two, I WAS GOING TO LA. The Uber dropped me off at my house and I skipped inside. I called Kendal.

"HIIIII IM FREAKING OUTTT." I yelled into the camera.

"ME TOOO IM GONNA GET TO MEET YOU IN A DAY and also those dollar tWats." She said, adding the last part dully. I laughed.

"The chance of me saying their names properly is very low." She said seriously. I nodded in agreement.

"It may be almost 3 am but I'm gonna post an edit I made of Grayson & Ethan today." I pulled my computer into my lap, sending the video to my phone.

"YAY I CANT WAIT FOR GRAY TO SEE IT." Kendal cheered.

"OH YEAH HE'S GONNA SEE IT, RIGHT." I slapped my head. "Posted!" I said, tapping the post button. I closed out of instagram and switched to the facetime call.

"I'm all ready to go. I just need to make sure my dad or Hunter don't find out." I said.

"Oh god, I forgot about that. They're giving him community service now aren't they?" She said, worried.

"Yup. I know that the first thing that he'll do is come to this house but I'll already be gone. I'm good for now." I sighed as I climbed into bed.

"Hey, E and Gray haven't been on social media in 5 days. I'm worried since his last few tweets." Kendal said.

"Speak of the devil, Grayson just texted me." Your phone buzzed.

"Well, go answer him." She rolled her eyes.

"K bye for now bitch." I hung up the phone and texted him back. Then, against my better judgement, called him. For some reason he picked up.

"Hey Grayson. What'd you wanna talk about?" I rubbed my eyes. The lack of sleep was starting to affect me.

"Your edit." His deep voice made my earbuds shake.

"Grayson, it's one am for you." I said.

"Yup." He said, nodding. I decide to make one more risky decision.

"I'll facetime you, Gray." I tap at my phone. I can hear the silence and now I'm worried that I went too far.

"What?" I ask, confused. Well, not confused. More like, scared.

"No, nothing, that's the first time you've called me by my nickname." I could hear the smile in his tired voice. My lips unknowingly stretched into a smile. I ended the call and switched to facetime. He immediately answered.

"So, the big question. Are you and Ethan okay?" I said, worriedly. They had been unactive and that could never mean something good. Grayson flipped the camera to show Ethan sleeping next to him.

"Honestly, not really but we're getting better." He gave a light smile. "I'm staying next to him for the time being." I felt a tear slide down my cheek. Fucking crybaby headass-

"Nooooo, Anya, don't cry." Grayson looked alarmed.

"I can't help it." I said with a short laugh. I wiped my eye. Guess he was a guy who didn't do well with a crying girl.

"I honestly don't want to be alone right now." I said, looking around at my seemingly large house. At that moment, it hit me that I was alone with all of my thoughts without anything to distract you. Well now I had Grayson.

"Well, same. You and I can just keep each other company." Grayson said. I nodded.

"Oh yeah! Your edit that you posted." Grayson remembered. I blushed slightly.

"How was it?" I asked shyly.

"Incredible." He said, running a hand through his hair.

"Oh stop." It wasn't even that good.

"No, I mean it. It reminded us of how much love and support we have. So thank you." He seemed sincere.

"Don't even mention it." The two of us sat lay in our beds in comfortable silence. 2,500 miles away.

"Hey, Gray?"

"Hm?"

"If you liked my post so much, why didnt you like it, you dumbass." I joked. Grayson laughed softly as to not wake up Ethan.

The two of us facetimed all night, sometimes talking about random things, other times just peaceful silence. I could feel my eyes slowly droop and eventually close to the sound of his deep relaxing voice.

Grayson's POV i thinK

"Are you excited? Its almost time for you to come see us." He said. He looked back at the screen when the girl's soft voice didn't respond.

'Oh she fell asleep.' He smiled.

"Goodnight, I guess." He didn't understand why it was so easy to talk to her and how quickly they had become comfortable with each other.