Bad Boy and the Brains: Jace and Ariana

ابدأ من البداية

He sighed. "I love you, Ari. Just know that." 

"I will make sure to think about it while people are throwing up around me." Ariana smiled. 

"That's my girl! Now, shoo!" 

Ariana wore a small, shy smile as she stepped out of the safety of her car. Immediately, the stench of alcohol and vomit made her nose crinkle. Nonetheless, she made her way to the open front door where people were bumping and grinding. She looked so out of place. While she was wearing a respectable skirt and a sleeveless top, most girls were wearing booty shorts and literal bras instead.

"I cannot wait to leave." She muttered. Entering the house she looked only at the floor until she came across a corner with no one else in it. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone and started reading her favorite Wattpad story, Broken (hehehehehehehehehehe).  

For a few minutes, she read (she really hated that Johnny Carter guy) when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She glanced up through her eyelashes. Surprise, surprise. It was the host. 

"I see you made it." Jace's smile was crooked, but even Ariana couldn't deny that he was deathly handsome. His skin was tanned and his curly hair was like a commercial. His eyes sparkled and his thick lips called to her. It was like he was a character in a story. 

"Y-yeah, my dad drove me," She stuttered. 

"He clearly doesn't know how I run my parties," he sat down next to her. She tensed. "Most people have to sneak out." He smirked. 

"That's c-cool." 

"You're tense. How about a drink?" 

"I don't drink." 

"Not even a Coke?" 

"No thank you. I just want to read." 

"No can-do, baby. This is my house. No one just sits around." He grabbed her hands and dragged her to a large room in the middle of the house. People were dancing like idiots, girls were twerking on anything and boys either joined them, stalked behind them, or watched them. Ariana couldn't decide which was worse. She tried to get Jace to let go, but he didn't. "Can you please let go of me?" she asked. 

"Just one song and you can leave." 

She sighed. "O-okay." The thought of being that close to him was enough to make her melt. 

(You can play the music now!) 

Jace turned her around and moved her body with him as the song started. It wasn't like anything she'd ever heard before. She only listened to classical music, it helped her focus. This song had so many different things going on, but she actually liked it. Like second nature she found herself moving with Jace. She swayed her hips and dipped, she swung her hair and moved her feet. She turned around and dropped right in front of Jace. His eyes got wide and she slowly worked her way back up. He bit his lip. 

They kept doing this for the rest of the song. At the end, Ariana was tired; she had never moved that way before. 

She took Jace's hand and led him back to their corner. "That was fun!" 

"I think you had a little bit too much fun." He laughed nervously. 

"Are you okay? You seem flustered. You're touching your face too much, your eyes aren't focusing, you're lips are compressing, you're blinking rapidly, you're playing with your hair, you're rubbing your hands, and you seem a little sweaty even though that might be from the dancing." Ariana recited from her human anatomy textbook. She smiled with pride. 

"I just wasn't expecting all of that out there." 

"What were you expecting?" She found this new surge of confidence after her dance with Jace. She was ready to dance with anybody. 

"For you to keep me at arm's length and dance like it's 1895." 

"Oh." Ariana looked down. 

"But that was amazing." His finger lifted her chin up. His eyes were glazed over in something Ariana had never seen before. His eyes kept on looking down from her eyes. Suddenly she leaned in and pressed her lips to his. She felt his surprise in his lips but he recovered quickly. He snaked a hand around her waist and pulled her closer. She wrapped her small hands around his neck and nervously started playing with the beads in the back of his hair. She followed his lead, even though she started it. 

"Aye, Jace! Where is the- Oh shit!" Robbie yelled. Everyone stopped to look at them. Ariana pushed a really flustered Jace away and ran out the back door into the woods behind his house. 

"Ariana! You don't know where you're going!" She heard someone, probably Jace call. 

She didn't care. She couldn't believe that she just did that. She was ashamed. Her dad wouldn't have wanted them to happen. Ariana ran right into a tree and fell down. She laid there as she replayed the events in her mind. 

Jace suddenly held his head and started rubbing it. 

"You okay, man?" 

"My head just hurts." He muttered. But he didn't care, he was focused on Ariana. He had already called the police to go looking for her. He couldn't just leave his house with that many people in it. 

Ariana cried. How could she be so bold? As tears streamed down her face she made a vow: 

She would stay away from Jace Turner. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, there's the next chapter! I don't know how I feel about this one, though. Comment what you thought! 

Thanks for all for the support!!! 

Kal xoxo