Black Coffee and Cream: Josh and Zariah

Word count: 1023

Ever since last week, Zariah has been avoiding white people like the plague. She couldn't risk another run in with that boy. Josh. His name just sounded privileged! And to make things worse her face still was fucked up. It looked like she was in a really bad fire, but no it was because some jerk pushed her to the ground. 

But luckily, she was about to get zero time to think about it because.... 

SCHOOL IS STARTING! 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! 

"Ugh," Zariah groaned as she rolled over to her dresser. She sat up and slipped on her pink slippers. Her room was unlike anything you would expect from Zariah. First of all, three of the walls were baby pink. The fourth was a deep, hot pink. She had white furniture and a white beanbag in the corner of her room. She had a fluffy pink rug and a walk in closet. In white letters above her full body mirror the words Princess Zariah were on full display. And she had a matching bathroom. 

After brushing her teeth and performing her now extensive skincare routine, she got dressed for the first day. She slathered on foundation, concealer, mascara, lip gloss, and made sure her eyebrows were filled in perfectly. She didn't ever eat breakfast, so she sat down in her living room and waited for her brother, Zach. 

(her outfit) 

(her outfit) 

"Z, you are asking for a dress code." Zach's deep voice yelled from across the room. 

(Zach! <3) 

(Zach! <3) 

"I'm a junior, I don't care," I said coolly. "Besides, dress codes were made to keep women in check. Don't you think it's funny that women weren't even allowed to go to school and then all of a sudden they invented all of these rules to force consequences in a woman wasn't properly covered?" I batted my eyelashes innocently. We've had this conversation at least a million times, and I always won. 

"You better get your ass in the car," he sighed. I cackled as I followed him out the door. Our parents were probably still sleeping, they both worked from home. 

"So, first day of junior year, huh?" Zach asked, one hand on the wheel and the other in his lap. 

"Yup!" I popped my 'p'.