NINETEEN ━ ❝bad moon rising❞

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Birdie frowned and Calypso almost felt guilty for leaving her friend. Almost. But if she didn't, she knew what would happen. This little conflict would be better than mauling her friend. "Can I come with you?"

Quickly, she shook her head. "No," she snapped, gulping down her guilt for later. She didn't have the time – she didn't have the time. There was too little time.

"You don't mean that, Cal. I mean, are you going to meet up with someone? Like on a date? Because if so, I will totally leave you alone then," Birdie continued, walking along with the girl.

Calypso huffed, everything made her so angry as rage boiled in her blood. She just needed to protect everyone. "If I say yes, will you leave me alone?"

"Isn't that what I just said?" Birdie said, skipping along with her now, "But I have a feeling you aren't, though, so I'm just gonna come with you."

"Please don't, I just wanna be alone," Calypso said, begging at this point. They were almost outside, and she knew she got out there it would all be over.

The moon would be shining about her, the moon would be glistening and full and it would spot her and target her, saying that's the werewolf and call upon her. She couldn't be near Birdie when that happened; there'd be too little time.

"Well, who else am I gonna hang out with? Lee? You know I can't stand him enough for that," Birdie commented, "He's just so annoying, you know? Like, he only jokes and thinks so highly of himself all the time only because the twins have never once pranked him. God, I fucking hate that guy."

They both knew it wasn't true, but she didn't have time to refute the girl. "Birdie, I don't care. Go hang out with Angelina or Cho for all I care. I just need to be alone and you need to leave," Calypso said seriously to the girl.

"Frankly, Calypso, I don't care," she bristled, obviously hurt by the comments but trying to hide it, "Now lead the way."

Calypso angrily huffed, "No – leave! I don't want you here!"

That may have been a bit too harsh, but she had to do anything here. She could feel the claw prodding from her hands, a phantom feeling about to become real. It was so close, and they were standing outside now. Oh, if she turned her head, she could see the moon. She didn't want to see the moon.

"No," Birdie said firmly, but the hurt flashed through her eyes at the words.

There was too little time. She couldn't stand there and argue with Birdie anymore in fear that she would start to transition right there. So, Calypso ran. The Whomping Willow could be seen and she ran, just ran as fast as she could, trying to get there before everything happened. The full moon's gaze had fallen upon her.

"Hey! Wait up!" Birdie called from behind her as Calypso got closer to the tree that would protect her. No, not her, but everyone else from her. Calypso felt a hand on her shoulder, pulling her to face the girl. "Why are you in such a rush? Cal, come on."

"I have to – I have to go," Calypso choked out, her heart was going so fast. This could be the first person she's hurt if she isn't clear.

"No, we are going to talk about this fucking attitude you have right now," Birdie said, standing her ground.

"I can't," she tried to get away but Birdie brought her back. Of course, she was stronger than the girl and could've pulled away, but no. She wouldn't hurt her. She wouldn't.