You Are My Butterfly

Hartley's P.O.V

"Ma what are you doing?" I asked her in a worried voice as I watched her get ready for god knows what. "Well I want to give you and your girlfriend some alone ti--" "We don't need alone time" I told her somewhat serious because alone time with Poppy Holmes, oh man. "It's going to be your first date sweetie" my mom said sweetly and I started to feel the nerves again.

She was right, tonight I was going to drive to Poppy's to pick her up and then drive back to my house where I will cook dinner for her. I couldn't afford to take her to anything big to which I've always thought of doing, but this would have to do, I also hated asking my mother for money.

I really hoped she likes it, I might not be showing the excitement for this date right now but..I truly adore Poppy and I want her to have everything in the world, sadly I can't give her that. "You can still be around" I told ma after breaking away from my thoughts. I looked at her as she chuckled at what I said and I thought what was so funny.

"You're nervous aren't you?" she teased and I scoffed as I crossed my arms, "nervous? why would I be nervous? I don't get nervous ma" I ended up saying and I watched as she smiled then walked toward me before pulling me into a loving hug. I smiled as I felt her motherly aura surround me, she always gave the best hugs. I used to always say my ma had the best hugs when I was little up until now, however I think she's tying with a special someone.

"Don't be nervous sugar, just be yourself" she whispered before she kissed my forehead and stepped back, I smiled at her before I asked her where she was going because she did indicate that she was going somewhere.

"A very good friend of mine had just flown in from Detroit, Michigan and her name is Allison, she will be picking me up any minute now to go out for dinner"she said happily and I wanted to be happy for her, I truly did but a much bigger part of me worried about her so much, with what she was going through and the complications that might resurface while she's out.

"Ma are y-"

"Hartley, I'm going to fine. I know you're scared whenever I leave without you and the first thing you think about is that I'll faint or I'll be admitted to the hospital. But I am going to tell you right now that, that will not happen. I'm going to have dinner with my good friend then come back and you my beautiful daughter will then tell me every detail about your date with Poppy."

Ma had finished saying as she looked at me and I felt myself get emotional, I absolutely hated being emotional, it made you weak. That's what he always said. "And I know that deep down within that Hartley Aurora McCraw soul you're scared that I will leave you like what your father had done" she added and once she said that I couldn't stand to look at her anymore unless I broke down in front of her so I turned around swiftly as I felt a lone tear fall from my right eye.

"W-Well I-I uh hope you have fun with your friend and I hope to meet her sometime, introduce her to the most precious daughter in the world" I said and I heard her chuckle behind me and I took that as my cue to search for my keys, ready to go pick up my princess. After saying bye to ma and making sure that her friend was going to pick her up, I made sure that I was somewhat presentable and neat before I left the house and got in my truck.

Poppy's P.O.V

I was sitting on my bed as I practiced breathing exercises, my heart felt like it was going to explode any minute with nervousness but also a little hint of frustration. The nervousness was due to the fact of endless begging to a special someone, they finally asked me out on a date even though we were already together together.

I didn't think I was so going to be so nervous but I came to the conclusion that if anyone was Hartley Aurora McCraw then instantly I'd be a nervous fucking wreck. The reason I was frustrated because I've asked Max if Hartley was here yet and he always replied with a "No". She was fucking late in picking me up on our first date. I was one minute away from calling her and cancelling ev--"Poppy, Hartley is here" Max had stepped in my room as he brought me out of my thoughts and I jumped excited at the idea, forgetting that she was almost thirty minutes late.