Chapter 17 - Airport (part 2)

Start from the beginning

Appa..”

“So Hae Jin, are you ready?” Appa asked, patting my shoulders lightly.

“I think so..” I said, nodding my head. ‘Uh-Oh.. Don’t you dare to cry Hae Jin.’

“Just always take care and call me when you have a problem, okay?” He said, pulling me into warm hug. There I couldn’t hold it back. My tears started to flow. “Don’t cry, we will see each other soon.” He laughed lightly, smiling at me and ruffling my hair. “Now go, or you’ll might miss your flight.” He said and pushed me lightly away.

“Okay..” I sniffed and grabbed after my luggage and back pack and started to walk away. The picture of my mother sniffing in the arms of my father became a blur and smaller and smaller till they disappeared in the crowd.

“Good morning! Your ticket please.” The flight attendance smiled at me. I gave her my ticket and went inside the airplane.

“Hello! Your seat number?” another stewardess asked.

“Seat number 13B?” I said, staring at me ticket.

“Seat number 13B? Just walk the way along and there should be your seat at the right sight, near the window.” She said and pointed to the direction.

“Oh okay.. Thank you!” I said and headed to the direction that she was pointing to. “Seat number 13B! Here!” I said happily finding my seat. I grabbed after my luggage and tried to lift it up and push it inside of one of the compartment, when I suddenly felt someone’s hand touching mine and grabbing after my luggage.

Surprised by the sudden skinship of the stranger, no scratch that.. That really good looking stranger, I dropped my bag and kept staring at him.

“Done!” He said and dusted off his hands after he put my luggage inside the compartment. “Hi!” He said and smiled at me.

Omo.. Am I dreaming..? He’s gorgeous….He’s.. He’s an Angel..’

“Are you sitting here?” He asked, bringing me back to reality. Blinking a few times, I noticed only then that the Angel was talking to me. Yes, I will call him Angel because he reminds me at one with a halo above his head and wings at the back.

Wahhh!! I sound SO cheesy but dayum I’m just saying the truth!

“Uhh.. Seat number 13B? Yes, that’s my seat.” I said, nodding my head.

“Really? That’s nice! It means that we will be seatmates.” He smiled, showing his pearl white teeth.

“Really? So you’re seat number 13A?”

“Yeah.” He replied. “Come let’s seat. I think we’re about to move.” He said and sat beside the window. Right after him, I sat down, buckling the seatbelt.

“Is it your first time to fly?”

“Uhm.. No. It’s actually my fourth time, but now it’s my first time flying alone. And.. I don’t really like it if my feet is away from the ground..” I blabbered nervously.

“Ow.. Don’t worry, everything will be okay. I’ll be right next to you if you need me.” He said, giving me a warm smile.

“Thank you.. Sir.”

“Kim Jaejoong, call me Jaejoong.” He said, stretching his hand towards me. I returned the smile and accepted his warm handshake.

“Kim Hae Jin.” I replied.

“Kim? Your surname is Kim too? How nice is that! Are you maybe my lost sister or something?” He said jokingly, making me smile.

“I surely don’t think so, but it would be nice.” I laughed.