Chapter 2

"Shit!"

She sprung up in the cot as he gently opened his eyes. For a second, Jughead was unsure if last night had been real, but here was Betty Cooper, in the flesh, and in his small bed, in his rundown room. God, it was surreal sleeping beside her. He had wanted to stay awake the entire night, hoping to remember everything-what she smelled like, felt like, breathed like beside him, sounds a little creepy, but the writer inside him wanted to record all of it, so that he could never forget this moment. But he'd been so at peace to have her there with him that he had fallen asleep minutes after watching the blonde close her eyes.

"I don't think I've ever heard you cuss before," he said, sitting up.

She giggled as she rubbed her hands over her face. "I'm not as perfect as you think, Jug," she said. "I've got to get home. I didn't mean to fall asleep, I just wanted to lay down but then you wrapped yourself around me and made me forget my plans"

"But I'm glad you did," he said. "It was . . . nice." Great use of all the adjectives in your vocabulary, Jug. He thought to himself. For a writer, he had a hard time coming up with a word that would even come close to how amazing it felt to have her soft, body snuggled against him all night.

The sunrise shined against her blond hair, and casted a shadow against her face. God, she was so beautiful. She moved, and he was afraid it was to leave, but no, Betty Cooper surprised him by climbing onto his lap. Her knees straddled his hips, and her stomach rubbed against his crotch as she scooted closer to him. He was instantly hard. So hard that it hurt. He was slightly embarrassed, because he had always done a good job to hide his desire for her, but Betty was the aggressor now. She wanted him, almost as much as he wanted her. Betty Cooper never backed down from what she wanted , and right now, she wanted him.

Her fingers were in his hair, her tongue in his mouth. His hands moved over her, up her slim waist, to her collarbone. He wanted to do more than just touch her. He wanted to be inside her. But he knew it was too soon.

At least for now, he wanted to see what she looked like, really looked like. With trembling fingers, he gently undid the buttons of her top. She had on a white tank top beneath her shirt, but the material almost sheer. He could see tops of her breasts that were pressed up, overflowing from the low collar of her tank. Betty self consciousness roamed through her body but she grabbed his hand and lifted it to press it on her chest to stop it.

But before he could make contact, her cell phone's alarm blared, canceling them both from their lust-filled interaction. She pecked him on the cheek.

"Okay Jug now I really have to go." She sighed deeply "My moms going to kill me"

"How did you get here, by the way?"

"I took my dad's car."

"Sneaking out and stealing pops car? All for me?" he asked.

"Yeah, Juggie. I told you I was worried." She gave him a quick peck on the mouth before reaching down for her shoes.

"To hell with Alice Cooper," Jughead said.

"I wish I could stay Juggie but I have to at church at 8, and at 7 I have to be at the Cooper dining table. Or else my mom will freak out."

" Okay. Visit me later? Bring me dinner?" he asked as his stomach growled.

"When's the last time you ate jug?"

"I had a pop tart yesterday morning" He placed a hand and on her waist, squeezed her hip bone, moved his hands until he felt the softness of her stomach. "When you come back we can make out some more."

"Yeah maybe next time you'll have enough time to actually feel me up." She smiled. "I'll try to get away tonight. I'll bring you something from Pop's."

"Something homemade, please." He looked up at her, his bottom lip poking out a little

"Well, aren't you demanding." She leaned down and she kissed him where his knitted crown usually sat.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." He pulled her closer, moving his arms around her waist.

"And how are you going to do that, Juggie?" she asked while moving her hand along his chest

"Come back tonight and I'll show you." He squeezed her hip again.

She chuckled as she rushed out of the projection room. He lay back against his pillow. He couldn't believe his dumb luck. She had showed up here, in the middle of the night because she was worried. Betty Cooper was worried about him. He couldn't remember the last time anyone had cared about him.

He dozed on and off, and when he woke fully around noon, he was happy to see three texts from Betty.

This sermon is so boring. According to the righteous Pastor Witter, what we did this morning was sinful, but I liked it. Should I feel bad? ;)

Betty Cooper was flirting with him.

My mom is crazy! She has no evidence I snuck out last night, but she knows I did something. She can't figure out what, but I'm still grounded for the rest of the day.

Juggie, we're baking a cake for after dinner. I wish you could come lick the bowl.

You okay? I don't like when you go quiet.

He responded to her right away. Sorry, Betts. I took a nap. I'm hungry. Where's my dinner, woman?

She sent him a laughing emoji. Lol. Sorry, Jug. I really can't come out to play tonight. :( I'm on lockdown. Mom hid all the car keys. Where are you staying tonight? On the way to church, I saw all the demolition vehicles at the drive in. They start tomorrow morning.

I'll miss you. See you at school? He had no clue where he would be either.

That you will. Betty replied.

Hours later, he found himself in an abandoned janitor's closet underneath the stairs, like the loser he was. It was dusty and cramped, but no one would find him here. His stomach told him to borrow a few things the cafeteria ladies wouldn't miss. So he did. He needed to find a job so he could buy his in place, this was only temporary.

He lay back on his sleeping bag and searched the local help wanted ads. Nothing. A text came from Archie.

Dude, are you okay?

I'm fine. See you at school.

After eating a dinner of chocolate pudding, an apple, a banana, and 2 cartons of milk. Jughead zipped himself into his sleeping bag. He went to Instagram to see Betty's smile. He scrolled through her page making sure not to like anything, as beautiful as Betty looked, she was even more beautiful in person, if that was even possible. He fell asleep, and had sweet dreams about Betty.

His alarm went off at 5:45 the next morning. He wasn't in a perfect world next to Betty at the coopers dining room, he was in a janitors closet with the spiders and mice.