Chapter one

"Jughead?" Betty's voice echoed through the empty drive-in, her feet splashing in the many puddles the rainy day had left for them. She ducked beneath the covering for the food stand, wanting to get out of the rain before she continued searching for Jughead. This place was so rundown and broken that it wasn't a surprise that the town had decided to demolish it. But the wrecking crew hadn't wrecked anything yet, so if he wasn't at the trailer park, he had to be here. She needed him more than anyone right now, and Betty didn't give up easily.

She shivered as the wind picked up. The rain had caused her thin cardigan and sheer blouse to stick to her pale skin. Her ponytail was loose and she had forgotten her coat at home. But that was a good thing. It would make her mother think Betty was still tucked in bed like the good little girl everyone expected her to be but betty was sick and tired of being the good girl. She wanted her life to have a bigger meaning than that, and the pressure to always be perfect was making her feel insane, crazy.
Maybe she was like Polly, maybe what had gotten into to Polly had seeped into her. No. She wouldn't the same as her. Betty Copper was going to be Betty Cooper, not Polly Cooper, and certainly not Alice Cooper.

Recently, only one person had made her feel like she had a meaning, and inspired her to prove her mother wrong, and that was Jughead Jones.  All her life she had waited  for the boy next door, Archie Andrews, a boy who's life was almost a replicas to hers. Now she realized she had wasted so much time on him and she looked past a more meaningful boy. Jughead had lived in Archie's broad shouldered shadow since they all became best friends on the first day of kindergarten. Even though jughead was the opposite of Archie, and his life looked very different from Betty's, Betty had learned that he had a light that was so unreal, Betty could feel it from across the room, he made her feel good about being Betty. And for that she liked him.

But she needed to tell him this to his face. If only she could find him. She knew he was staying at the drive in, but where? She shielded her eyes which were getting beaten by the days rain and looked out to the projection booth. A small smile filled Betty's face. She knew how much he loved peace, and movies. Where else would you find that at a drive in? She ran towards the drive in, happy that she had found him because there was a killer on the loose. And they were both in danger.

She ran toward the projection booth, pushed in the broken door and found his famous hat tossed to the ground. He was curled up under a thin blanket, sleeping, his dark hair falling in his eyes. Snoring slightly, his chest rose and fell with each breath he took. Betty smiled. Yes Betty smiled. In the small room the had just taken a bite out of the cold night air, with things scattered all over the floor, and paint peeling off of the walls. She didn't care about any of that. She only cared that she had found Jughead.

She moved to sit in a chair, but the chair creaked before she could sit.
"Shit" she mumbled, she didn't want to wake him. 
"Betty?" She gasped. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

He shrugged, but still replied replied, "My dad's been a dick lately. I decided it was better to stay here than have to deal with his daily mess. Betty nodded slowly "Why are you here?"

She went over to him and sat next to him on the edge of the cot.
"I was worried about you jug"she said as she brushed the his wavy dark hair back so she could see his green eyes. She cupped his cheek in her palm. She had so many questions she needed to ask him, but all she wanted was for him to hold her, to just be next to him.  He must've known because he scooted over so she could lay next to him, she slipped off her shoes and moved onto the cot, instantly warmed by his touch.

"You're beautiful, Betty.Always have been"

She was suddenly very self conscious, not because he'd made her feel like she wasn't good enough, but because she just realized her shirt was pressed against her skin. Her breasts were smaller than most girls in their school and her ribs poked out a bit. If jughead noticed she wasn't as wonderful as he thought she was, he might not like her. What if all this romance blew up in their faces and ruined their great  friendship? No. Betty wasn't going to worry now. She liked Jughead, and she was happy with him in this moment.

"Comfortable?" he asked her. "Are you cold? I've got more blankets. . ." He started to get up, but she stopped him. "I'm fine. Stay with me. You're warming me up."

He chuckled. "Why, Betty Cooper are you calling me hot?"

She rolled her eyes. "You know what I meant Juggy."

"So, you're not calling me hot?" he asked. She heard the fake hurt in his voice. And it make her laugh

"You are very hot Jughead Jones" she said cupping his face in her hands. He grinned.

She moved so that she her face was perfectly aligned with his, she closed her eyes and waited for him , but when nothing happened she opened her eyes. "Aren't you going to kiss me?" she asked.

He shook his head as he smiled, "Nope. you have to do it." He moved his face closer to hers, so close that she could feel the warmth of his breath against her lips. She went numb. Her body was taken over my a swarm of butterfly's. she was suddenly so nervous. She hadn't kissed that many boys. What if she did it wrong?

He ended up kissing her first. He liked her. And he wanted to kiss her. More than kiss her. She moved her body until she was right on top of him She pressed her lips into his, once, twice, three times, and then his mouth opened against hers, his tongue slid along hers. His hands were on her waist, keeping her tightly engaged in the kiss. After a long moment, he pulled back holding on to her bottom lip. After letting it go he said,

"I like you, Elizabeth Cooper."

"And I like you, too, Jughead Jones." She moved from on top of him to next to him.

"Good. Glad that's settled." He wrapped his arms around her.

Her eyes closed, and a moment later, so did his.

Hope you liked this story!! Once this gets 4 votes I'll post part 2 !!! Thank you