Dance Partner?

"Everyone quiet down I have an announcement." Mr.Shuester said walking into glee club the next day.

"Have the emails I've sent to the Broadway blogs finally been responded to?" Rachel said, well shouted.

"Uhh no Rachel, it's not that. Principal Figgins has asked the New Directions once again to preform at the annual Mckinley High semi formal!" He announced.

The semi formal dance was basically a pre-prom type event. Everyone who attended dressed up nicely, but not as extravagantly as they would for prom. Girls typically wore short and plain dresses which were usually somewhat revealing. The guys, who probably didn't care what they looked like, dressed in a similar fashion as prom. Semi formal was a highly anticipated event at Mckinley high but most people didn't show up because it was required that you bring a date. That's why most people hated it, especially some of the members of the glee club.

The group erupted into a mixture of loud cheers and eye rolls. They had provided their musical talents at the semi formal and at prom for at least two years in a row. And while they were excited for the opportunity to showcase their talents, they weren't entirely happy about preforming in front of the school. They've experienced some pretty horrible reactions from the school and could only imagine what could happen this time.

"I have accepted the offer of course but now we need to work on a set list. The dance is one week from now so we don't have too much time to prepare. So let's get started!" Mr. Shue said a little too excitedly.

=============================

"So what's the deal with this semi formal thing?" Blaine asked Kurt after glee club.

"It's just another dumb dance, I really wasn't planning on going but now I guess I have to go." Kurt sighed.

"Haven't you gone to this dance before?" Blaine asked.

"Unfortunately yes. We've been the entertainment for semi and prom for a couple of years now but I still hate them all." He explained.

"And why do you hate it so much?" Blaine asked.

"Because it's required that you bring a date. And since I'm the only out kid in school, I've always had to go alone. That's technically not allowed but I'm in the New Directions so I still go, but I've always wanted to go with someone, you know?" Kurt said.

"Yeah I understand." Blaine said, his heart beating slightly faster.

Kurt had just given Blaine the perfect idea to finally win his heart. Kurt wanted to go to semi with someone he cared about, someone with the same sexual orientation as him, and who better fit that description than Blaine.

If Blaine could get Kurt to go to the dance with him, he might finally get his shot to tell Kurt how he really feels, how he's always felt. This plan had the potential to play out perfectly, and this time, nothing was stopping Blaine from getting what he wanted.

"Anyways, I gotta get home, I'll see you tomorrow?" Kurt said.

"Yeah of course, see you tomorrow." Blaine said.

He shot Blaine a small smile and turned to walk out of the building and Blaine watched him take every single step. It may have been creepy, he was aware of that, but he couldn't help it. This boy walked with such impeccable grace that it made Blaine's heart swoon. His feelings for this boy were so incredibly strong that it practically consumed all of his thoughts. Kurt was his best friend, his insanely beautiful best friend that he fell in love with.