Knight In Shining Armour

The last two days of summer passed in no time and it was now the first day of grade 8 for one Kurt Hummel.

He quickly walked down the hallway ignoring the laughs and comments from his peers. He managed to catch little words that came out of their mouths. He heard "gay boy", "fairy" and "homo". No one had ever called him homo before, it was a new nickname. Hearing that made Kurt feel more angry than anything. Just because he was into fashion and music didn't immediately make him gay.

Once he reached his locker and opened it, he spotted Karofsky walking over to him. Kurt shoved his book bag into his locker and grabbed his books in mere seconds to escape from him. Unfortunately, Karofsky caught him before he had a chance to leave.

"Hey Hummel! I have a question. What the hell are you wearing? Even your clothes make you look gay. Word of advice, try some normal close for one so you don't look like a freak." He spat directly in Kurt's face.

"Well I'm sorry for expressing myself." Kurt whispered.

"What was that Hummel!" Karofsky shouted shoving Kurt hard into the locker issuing a loud bang.

"N-nothing I didn't s-say anything." Kurt stammered turning his gaze to the floor. He didn't dare dare look into his bullies eyes.

"Well you said something Hummel!" Karofsky yelled throwing his fist into the locker just beside Kurt's head.

"I'm sorry." Kurt breathed out. He was paralyzed in fear, he couldn't move, he couldn't breath. He needed to get out of this, he needed someone to help him. He needed Blaine.

"You better be sorry." Karofsky spat pulling away for the trembling boy in front of him. Kurt watched him walk away, walking up to his group of Neanderthals, laughing about his encounter with Kurt.

Kurt closed his locker and ran to the bathroom. He didn't need his torturers to see his tears, to see his pain. He ran in the bathroom and let a few tears escape from his eyes. Kurt stepped towards the sink and turned it on. He ran his hands through the cold water and splashed his face with it. The last thing he needed was to look as though he had been crying, that would create an even bigger problem. They would be able to spot his weaknesses and pick on him based on that.

The loud bell echoed throughout the halls, it was time for class to start. Kurt looked at his reflection in the mirror, his eyes were still a little red but he looked better than before. Sighing, he left the bathroom and walked alone to his classroom.

He walked in and looked around, he had a few friends in here, it might not be as bad as he thought. Smiling and waving to the few friends he had, he made his way to the back corner.

A wide smile spread across his face as he walked up to the boy in the desk and wrapped his arms around him. The boy froze in surprise then turned around to see who had surprised him.

"I should have known it would be you." Blaine smiled looking up at Kurt.

Kurt just smiled and took the seat beside him. The last few students scrambled in and took there seats, and finally in walked Karosfky.

"Oh no, please tell me he's not in our class." Kurt panicked. But the large boy took a seat, he was in that class.

"Who Karosfky?" Blaine asked.

"Yes him." Kurt said.

"Don't worry about it. He won't go near you in here. The teacher is in the room and most importantly I'm here to protect you." Blaine comforted.

"So your like my knight in shining armour. Always there to save and protect me." Kurt laughed, his cheeks turned a mild red.

"Yeah I like that." Blaine said.