In The Way

Kurt Hummel- Flounder

He made it, he got the part. A huge smile spread on the brunette boys face as he skipped away.

"Blaine!" Kurt called running down the hall to catch up with him.

"Hi Kurt." Blaine smiled.

"Guess what?" Kurt smirked.

"What?" Blaine said.

"I got the part!" Kurt exclaimed jumping up and down.

"I knew you would! That's amazing!" Blaine said excitedly.

"Did you see the list?" Kurt asked.

"No I didn't even know that they posted it." Blaine said.

"Let's go check it then." Kurt said grabbing Blaine's hand and dragging him back to the list.

"Okay go look." Kurt told his best friend.

Blaine slowly walked up to the list, nervousness building up in his chest. His hazel eyes scanned the list until it landed on the name it had been looking for.

Blaine Anderson- Prince Eric

Pride and excitement overcame the young boys nervousness while reading this. He did it, and that was enough to bring a giant smile to the boys face. Still smiling, he ran in the direction of Kurt and jumped into his arms.

"I'll take that as you got the part!" Kurt smiled wrapping his arms around his friend.

"I got the part! I did it!" Blaine practically shouted.

"That's amazing!" Kurt said stepping out of his friends excited embrace. "But I've got to find Mercedes so I'll see you later."

"Okay bye Kurt." Blaine said still smiling.

Kurt gave his friend one last smile before turning around and walking down the hall to find Mercedes. He searched and searched but that girl was nowhere to be seen. He ran around the entire school looking for her, but unfortunately did not make an appearance.

The young boy stopped to get a drink of water at a nearby fountain. He was awfully tired from his search and was in desperate need of a break.

He finished drinking and turned to walked to the corner of the hallway. He was just about to turn down it when someone crashed into him head on. This motion knocked both him and the other person to the floor in an instant.

Kurt lifted his head to see what Neanderthal had decided to knock him over. But instead of seeing one of his tormentors, Kurt was greeted with the beautiful face of Quinn Fabray.

"Your such a moron! Didn't you see me coming?" She exclaimed angrily standing up.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you." Kurt said sadly.

"Well next time, use your eyes." Quinn said rolling her eyes and walking away.

Instead of feeling offended, annoyed or even angry, Kurt felt an upmost admiration for the other girl. A weird sensation swept over the brunettes body as he continued to gaze at the blonde girl. He felt warm and giddy on the inside as he watched her walk away. This was different, very different. Kurt had never felt like this before, but he liked it.

He stood up feeling slightly dizzy but it faded soon after. His attention was still directed towards Quinn who had just disappeared behind a corner. Something about that girl made Kurt weak in the knees. The way her blonde hair fell perfectly on her shoulders and the slight sway of her hips as she walked was enough to make any boy drool, and Kurt was no exception.

This "feeling" answered the majority of the troubled boy's questions. This proved that he was normal and straight. Kurt was attracted to a girl, and that meant that he was certainly not gay.

Oh my god, I have a crush on Quinn Fabray, Kurt thought.

===========================

"Blaine I have big news!" Kurt said very happily.

"Tell me!" Blaine said sitting down and opening his lunch bag.

Instead of shouting out his secret for everyone to hear, he scouted closer to Blaine and whispered in his ear.

"I like someone." Kurt said.

This statement made Blaine's stomach turn. "Who does he like? Could Kurt possibly reciprocate my feelings? What if he likes me? Or maybe someone else" these thoughts swam through Blaine's mind as his crush said this.

"W-who?" Blaine said trying to act casual and not like his whole body was on fire with anticipation.

Kurt leaned in again. This was the moment, the one that would either make or break Blaine's heart.

"Quinn." Kurt whispered.

And with this, Blaine's heart broke.

"That's cool." Blaine said looking down.

This day had turned from great to terrible with three words and one name. His best friend who was also his longtime crush liked someone, and a girl at that.

Well what did he expect? He had no idea if Kurt had the same difference as himself. Blaine didn't know that Kurt was gay, he just assumed that he was. His sense of fashion, his interest in Broadway and even his voice all screamed gay. But apparently he was wrong, extremely wrong.

And on top of it all, he had a crush on Quinn Fabray, the prettiest, most popular girl in school. How could he compare to that? Well he couldn't.

There was only one way to obtain Kurt's heart. But that involved Kurt to be publicly humiliated and hurt. That was the downside of the plan, but if it would make Kurt realize his feelings for Blaine, then he was all for it.

If Blaine told Quinn about Kurt's crush then she would obviously tell him off. But Quinn is ruthless, she wouldn't tell him privately, she would tell him loudly in the middle of the hallway. Kurt would become heartbroken at this news and run right into Blaine's arms, which is just what he wanted.

Time to put my masterplan to use and get Quinn out of the way.

===========================
Hey guess what? I'm not dead!! Sorry about the loonnngggg break between these 2 chapters. With Christmas and school I had no time to write. And when I tried to write, I had a massive case of writers block and could not think of any ideas.

Eventually I came up with this😬 don't know how I feel about it but I hope you all enjoyed!

•Alexa•