23 - Yes It Is

Dedicated to SkyCeleste for the banner. Color is life.

Listen to Yes It Is by The Beatles or Paris (Ooh La La) by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals (no relation to the chapter. It's just a cool song). By the way, the last "section" is heavily unedited. I'll go through that later.

23 – Yes It Is

“So.”  Paul stared at Finn.  “You came to give Lennon a ride to school.” 

“Paul,” I warned him.  “Shut it.”  

As you'd expect, no one gave a rat's αss about what I had to say.

Paul and George were too busy directing full on, nuclear bomb-level glares at Finn.  Finn, surprisingly, didn't look like he was to combust, crαp his pants or turn into a pool of nervous teenage boy.  

Finn was in fact smiling – and confidently, might I add.  

“Lennon told me about how you guys don't own a second car and that your parents drive you to and from school,” he explained.  “I came to see if she wanted a day off of that.”

“Oh Finnigan,” I sighed over-dramatically.  “That's –”

“There's time for the mushy gooey stuff later on,” Paul interjected, literally shoving me out of the way.  

Finn caught me before I fell sideways.

The sight of Finn propping me back up on two feet turned Paul's face a shade of big-brother-angry red.  George's face had turned a get-your-hands-off-my-sister pink.

“You are too sweet,” I teased – more to irritate my brothers than anything else.  For added effect, I pinched Finn's cheeks.

Finn caught on quickly.  For show, he brought his hand up to his cheek where my hand was still busy giving it a light squeeze.  “Is this cheek pinching a thing now?” he cooed.

“Oh, you know you love it,” I teased.

I would have taken a picture of my brother's gob-smacked expressions – Paul's head was moving so fast between Finn and I that he was starting to look like he had two heads instead of just one while George was going for the whole frozen-like-a-statue look.

“The last time I checked you,” Paul pointed at me, “didn't want anything to do with him,” he pointed at Finn.  “When the hell did you two start talking and pinching each other's fυcking cheeks?!”

“Language, Paul,” I tutted.  

“Hypocrisy, Lennon,” Paul hotly fired back.  “And answer the goddamn question!”

“Okay, Lennon,” Finn chuckled, gently prying my hand off his face.  “I think we've messed with your brothers enough.”

“Oh, Finnigan,” I mocked.  “Don't you know that when it comes to messing with Georgie and Paulie, enough will never be enough?”

Finn tried to hide his grin as he turned to my brothers to explain the situation.  “We talked at the dance,” he said slowly.  “She might have pinched my cheek once but mostly we just talked.” 

“Damn it.”  Paul glared at me.  “I knew I should have stayed with you.”

“Paul,” George warned in his best I-am-the-oldest-bow-down-to-me tone.  “She isn't six.”

“Hey, I can just leave,” Finn offered.  

“Oh for fυck's sake,” I hissed.  “You came here to give me a ride to school.  I don't care about my pseudo-macho brothers over here but I'm taking you up on that offer.”  I pulled my backpack off the ground where I'd tossed it to earlier in the haste to make sure our parents didn't go psychotic on Finn.  I smiled sweetly at my brothers before shoving them out of the way and grabbing Finn's wrist.  “Sayonara, suckers!”