CHAPTER 8: Moment Of Truth.....

Začať od začiatku

       After a couple of hours in the office, I walk out and go to the break room. 

       Which, it's nice. It has a couple of vending machines. One for drinks and the other for snacks. As well as a pool table and a few chairs and a little table that I assume they eat and relax at. 

        I get myself a drink and then look over at the pool table and decide to play a game.  I set down my drink onto the table and grab a pool stick from the rack that is right next to the table on the wall. Luckily the pool balls were stacked already. 

        I began chalking the stick a little bit and getting ready to play when I hear the door open. I look up and see that it's Andy. 

        "What are you doing, troublemaker?" He teases. 

       "Nothing." I shrug. "Just playing some pool."   

       "Well, you know, it's better when there's two people playing?" He says with half a grin. 

       "Oh really? Care to play with me?" I teasingly asked. 

       "Sure. I don't have another client for a few hours. But I must warn you." He says while grabbing a pool stick and then chalking it. 

       "What's that?" I asked. 

       "I'm really good." He smirks. 

       "We'll see about that." I chuckled. 

       "Well, how about we make a bet?" He suggests. 

       "Okay. What are the terms?" I asked him. 

       "If I win, you have to go out on a date with me tonight." He winks at me. 

       I begin to blush a little bit. Never really been asked out before, really. Well, other than James when I was sixteen. 

       "Alright. But if I win, you have to go around the rest of the day, wearing red lipstick and eyeliner." I smiled. 

       He laughs. "I don't think James would allow that." 

       "Hey, if you don't wanna bet..." I began to say. 

       He then cuts me off and says, "Deal!"

       We both shake on it and he decides to let me break first. 

       Now, it's true that I'm not very good at playing pool, but also, maybe he's not as good as he says he is. He could be bluffing. At least that's what I'm hoping is the case. 

        As I break, two solid colors go into one of the pockets. 

        "Guess I'm solids." I grin. 

        He doesn't say anything and just smiles at me while watching me as I get a few more balls into a couple of the pockets. Then, I finally miss one. 

       He walks up beside me and clears his throat a little bit.    

       I move out of his way, off to the side. He then gets into position. (Which by the way, he looks hot with his tatted muscled arms that are getting ready to shoot). He then looks at me, smirks, then winks before making his shot. 

       "Damnit!" Was all I could scream in my head. He really is fucking good at this game. 

       After taking his shot, four striped balls went inside two of the pockets. 

       I started to worry a little bit that maybe I might lose. Not that it'd be bad to go out with him. But I just don't wanna lose. 

       Soon, it comes down to where I have one ball left, as does he. It's my turn. 

       So I get into position and I end up hitting my last ball. To which now, it's just the eight ball. I call it to the left pocket. I take in a breath and bend over. However, when I take my shot, the ball goes into the pocket I called but then so does the white ball. 

        My jaw drops as I am surprised I scratched. I look up at Andy who is looking at me and grinning. 

       "Okay. So you won." I tell him. 

       "Yes I did." He nods his head while smiling. 

       Andy walks up to me, takes my pool stick and places both his and mine back onto the rack that's hanging on the wall. 

       He then turns and looks at me. "Well, I guess that i'll see you tonight."

       "I guess so." I replied. 

       "I'll pick you up at seven and we'll go have some dinner." He suggests. 

       "Sounds good." I tell him. "Do you need James' address?" Though I'm sure that everyone at the shop already has it. 

       "Nah." He chuckles. "I know where he's at." He smiles. "I shall see you tonight, my lady." He then raises my hand to his lips and gives it a kiss. 

       "I'll see you later." I replied. 

***********************************************************************************************

        It's almost seven and Andy will be here any minute to get me. 

        James luckily needed to finish up with his client so he had to stay at the shop. So I came home earlier and did not tell him that I was going out on a date with one of his employees. 

        Then again, I didn't see why it would matter to him really. When him and I aren't together. Besides, I don't think James would mind too much cause he knows Andy. 

        I heard a knock at the door and when I opened it up, I saw Andy. 

       He looked real cute in a black buttoned up dress shirt and some nice black slacks. 

       While heading out, he first told me, while driving in his car, that he was taking me to a really good sushi place. Which sounded really good to me. 

***********************************************************************************************

        We end up talking a for a few hours and didn't realize how late it was getting until we noticed that we were the only customers left in the restaurant and that the employees had been closing up by putting the chairs onto the tables. 

        On our way back to the condo, he told me that he felt bad cause he had planned to take me somewhere else after dinner. However, he enjoyed our conversation still. As did I. And on our way back to the condo we had somehow gotten onto the topic of what tonight was. We both had decided that even though we had fun together and several things in common, neither one of us was feeling it for each other. But we promised to remain as friends. Which is what I had hoped for anyways, before going on the date. 

       We gave each other a hug goodnight and I headed up the stairs and locked the door behind me once I was inside. 

       As I was walking towards my bedroom, I could hear a girl moaning from inside James' bedroom. 

       I felt disgusted and almost as though I was slapped in the face. 

       I don't know why I even cared. But I did. 

       So I just went into my bedroom, put my headphones on and began to blare my music so I could drown out the moans that the bimbo in his room was making. I mean, damn, can't he put something in her mouth to shut her the hell up?!