"I know," He frowns.

"I thought those were illegal!"

"They aren't when they're posed as a church camp, and now with Trump as President, I doubt any authority is going to give a shit." There he goes running his hand through his hair again, but this time it's a nervous habit, there's no hair in his eyes.

Aaron holds my eyes for a few seconds, but his phone beeps. He takes it out of his hoodies pocket and sighs when he reads the message.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"It's Caleb," He frowns. "He wants me to let you know some of our Dead Boy rules."

"Rules?" I furrow my eyebrows. What kind of rules could they have?

He puts his phone back in his pocket without typing a reply and turns to me.

"I mean, just self-explanatory rules. Like no outing anybody in the group, no dating group members, no meetings excluding another member." He explains and I feel my heart drop to the very pit of my stomach.

No dating group members.

"Sounds good," I say clearing my throat, trying to hide my disappointment.

"I mean some of them are bullshit, but it's to keep us strong." He says and I wonder which rule he's referring to.

Aaron takes out his phone again and frowns, "It's almost two in the morning and tomorrows Monday, I should get going."

I nod in agreement and he stands up, walking down the steps. When he reaches the bottom, I call his name and he turns around, giving me a curious look.

"I can still hang out with my other friends?" I ask and Aaron laughs, his eyes shinning in the porch light.

"Of course, Bell. We're just always together because we have no one else." He explains and I nod. "Anything else?"

"Nope," I answer relieved.

"Goodnight Bellamy," He says with a smile and a wave then continues walking down my lawn.

"Goodnight Aaron,"

** *** *** **

I open my eyes and yawn, turning over to look at my alarm clock and releasing it doesn't go off for another thirty minutes, I sigh. Thank god.

I stare up at the ceiling and my thoughts automatically run to Aaron, at full speed I may add. Last nights events flash through my head so quickly it's like the ceiling is spinning. The treehouse, the Dead Boys all being gay, me being accepted into the group, why they're called the Dead Boys, Nemo Almode, Dead Boys not being allowed to date each other.

My inside tightens when I think about that last one.

From the second I saw Aaron, something quaked inside of me, almost instantly. And I know that it was primarily his looks that sucked me in so quickly, but the more I talk to him the more I like him. Genuinely as a person but also as something more than just being his friend.

Oh god why can't Dead Boys date each other.

** *** *** **

"Oh Mama, please don't kill the poor employees!" I say an hour later after my mom drops us off at the tow truck service before school to get Mia's car.

"They deserve it!" Mia says, flashing me a glare, a glare that involved teeth. I roll my eyes.

"It's not their fault, it's Mike's!" I try to explain to the crazy women standing next to me, outside a parking lot filled with shitty cars, a sign above the entrance saying "Staney's Tow and Crush".