•CH 7: Confrontation•

Start from the beginning

I pursed my lips and nodded repeatedly.

He is an ass-hole, without a doubt. He can't be trusted.

"Anyways, I gotta go."

I let him out after we shook hands. I closed the door behind him and leaned against the door, letting out a sigh for the 3rd time.

I'm gonna do some homework before going to the gym, need to get that workout in and the anger out.
..

*flashback to last night, minutes before diner*

Saïd's POV

"Intissar can you help your mother with dinner please, I think Aunty Aliah is almost here."

Aliah and her husband were coming over and the stress I had was unbearable. It isn't that I haven't seen Aliah in ages, I just wanted everything to go perfectly now they were moving from New-York to Chicago.

I had a daughter named Intissar who was almost 13 years old and a son who was 5 years old.

Aliah and Harris also had 2 children, a boy and a girl. The girl was 17 years old, and the boy 12.

"Hey little guy, how are you?" I asked, picking up Adam. I kissed him on the cheek and put him back down after someone rang the doorbell.

"Saïd can you open the door, babe?" My wife asked. I married the love of my life 14 years ago, she meant the world to me. Never thought I would meet someone again since what happened with Flora, 18 years ago.

"Go to your mother Adam, I'll open the door."

I made my way to the frontdoor and grabbed the handle of the door, opening the door slowly.

A young guy was staring at me with widened eyes. He looked around 17-18 years old. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes. On his back he had a fully packed backpack, he probably was coming back from school.

"How can I help you, young man?" I asked, smiling.

It took him up to 2 minutes before he responded

"Can't believe it." he slightly scoffed.

"I'm sorry?" I stated confused.

"You're Saïd right?" He asked, with an expression hoping I would say yes but also with a slight disgust in his eyes.

"Yes, who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Max, I'm your shitty ass son that you left behind." He replied.

I stepped outside and closed the front door behind me.

I looked at the young guy, narrowing my eyes.

"Sorry young man, but I think you have the wrong guy."

As I said that, I was examining the massive tattoo on his neck. Why would any parent let him get a tattoo that big and also on a very visible place. Why would a parent let their kid get a tattoo in the first place? How could they let him ruin his own future? No future job for him that's for sure.

"Now, please don't make accusations like that again." I added, still looking at him.

"You're funny." He scoffed.

"I don't get the joke." I replied with a straight face.

"Okay." He nodded repeatedly.

He looked down for a few seconds, licked his lips and faced me again. This guy has some serious confidence, coming to my property and claiming I was his father.

"Did you know a girl called Natasha?" He asked. He didn't give me a chance to reply, instead he continued his fairy tale.

"Let's say 18 years ago, you and a girl were close, very close" He smirked, "and you maybe got her pregnant." His smirk faded away and I could see that he was getting emotional.

"What if that kid was standing in front of you right now, what would you say to him?" He slightly smiled, while his eyes were showing signs of anger.

"I would say to him that my kid died 18 years ago before he was born, now get off my property." I, this time, demanded.

I was getting angrier with the minute, mainly because he brought up a very sensitive chapter of my life.

"No that ca-" He tried but I interrupted him. "I will call the cops."" I said.

"No fine, I'll go." He said almost immediately after I had taken out my phone.

I smiled and raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to leave.

He rolled his eyes and left. When he finally was off my property and had turned around the corner, I noticed that he had dropped something.

A picture.

A picture of me.

As I was staring at the picture, somehow thinking that maybe he was telling the truth, my wife opened the door.

"Who was that babe?" She asked with a massive smile on her face.

"Just a lost kid." I replied almost instantly.

I held the picture behind my back, making sure she wouldn't see it.

"Okay, come on Harris and Aliah are gonna be here at any moment." She said, walking back inside. I smiled and followed her.

"I'm gonna go and quickly change." I said to her. She nodded as a confirmation and continued setting everything up for tonight.

"Dad dad are you gonna play with me?" Adam asked, pulling at my shirt.

"Not now Adam" I said brushing him off and making my way upstairs.

I sat down on the bed and took the picture out. I stared at the picture, examining every inch of it until I remembered the moment this picture was taken.

This was back in New York, the day I visited Aliah and met Harris for the first time. Natasha took that picture.

What if Natasha lied back then?

What if she never lost that child?

What if I had another son I knew nothing about?

What if that Max guy was indeed my son?

I turned the picture around and looked at the writing on it.

It only had a date on it.

The day it all began.

••••

I'M BACK B- FRIENDS!! LOL

And I'm not going anywhere anymore, let's hit it...

Thank you for the 5K btw! AMAZING!!

Edited by AleyshaHussain19 Massive thank you!
I received alot of edit request but I've already found someone, I will message one of you if Aleysha decides to stop editing.

Check her out for me, I will definitely take a look at her books :)