•CH 2: Dad•

"I was wishing for him to have a depressed life, yet I already was having one."

-Max Faristos

••••

*Present*

As I was on my way to my first day of school, I was thinking of all the lies. The lies that were destined to make my life even tougher than it already was.

The biggest lie of them all being that my last name was suppose to be Samuni, rather than Faristos.

..

August 23rd.

That was the day I found out about my real father.

..

*August 23rd*

"Mom, dad has left us for over 2 months now and you're still crying over him?"

My mother was still heartbroken. Heartbroken that my father had left her. Not only her, but also me. I couldn't care less about that son of a bitch. I hope he'll have a lonely depressed life.

"Leave me alone Max!" She sobbed.

"Mom you don-" I tried comforting her but she cut me off.

"Max I said LEAVE ME ALONE!" She shouted. How is it fair that I have to be punished for that jerk leaving us? How is it even fair for God giving me a father figure like him? What did I ever do to deserve all of this?

To be honest, I was wishing for him to have a depressed life, yet I already was having one.

Nobody could possibly bring light into my life anymore, the darkness has already taken over. I'm too far gone.

As I went upstairs, mainly to get rid of the anger boiling inside me, I went into my mothers room instead.

I never was in her room, I wasn't allowed to. I never knew why I wasn't. And I never dared to with my father being around. Let's just say he wasn't afraid to show me who the man in this house was.

I never really thought about why a father would raise a hand at his child. Now I know why.

Why not take the shit you're dealing with out on your son if he ain't really your son. You get me?

I was looking around in her room, trying to not touch a single thing. I didn't want her to know I was sneaking around in her room.

Every closet, every drawer and every door was unlocked. Except for one.

One particular drawer was locked, with no key anywhere to be seen. Of course me being the curious little boy I am, couldn't just let it go. So I started looking for the key. If my mother closed that drawer and hid the key, there must be something very important in there.

And I will find out what it is.

..

Nowhere.

I couldn't find that freaking key anywhere.

Not in her room, not in any other room in this fucking house.

I was determined to find what I was looking for.

I will find that key and I will find what's inside that drawer. And I will not rest until I do so.

I needed to think like my mother, if I were her, where would I hide that key?

As I was pacing around thinking like I've never thought before, I finally had an idea of where that key must be.

"Her neck" I whispered to myself.