Chapter 9

There was a click, and no bullet fired

There was a click, and no bullet fired. Victor dropped the gun, and Yuri could see that his hands were shaking, and tears were starting to form in his eyes. "I-i'm sorry Yuri.  I didn't think that would be that hard. There was a moment there when I was so afraid of losing you..." he trailed off, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. But this time it was Yuri showing no sympathy. "You don't know the rules of Russian roulette, do you? Both players have to participate," he said, a grim smile starting to form on his face.

The fear in Victor's eyes was unmissable as he slowly raised the gun to his own head and squeezed the trigger. 

There was a flash of light and Victor flinched, the bullet speeding past his neck and burying into the wall. He winced and gingerly touched his neck, his fingers coming back bloody. His breathing was heavy as adrenaline rushed through his system and he tried to calm down. Yuri had his head in his hands, and Victor could see that he was shaking. 

He gently lifted Yuri's hands from his face. He was surprised to see tears pouring down Yuri's cheeks. "V-victor... What went wrong?" Yuri said, shaking his head. "Why are we doing this? I love you! I've always loved you! But I don't want this. I just wanted... love," Victor's eyes widened.  "You love me? But... then..." he trailed off, running into the other room and slamming the door. 

Yuri stared up at the ceiling, unable to move as he was still tied to the chair. Did he really love Victor? or was it just some child's fantasy that had continued into adulthood? He closed his eyes, trying to sort through all the thoughts in his head. Trying to get all his emotions in order while he waited for Victor to return.

Yay I finished another chapter! sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger in the last one:)

life is pretty good at the moment, so i might go back to posting once every day or two days. 

actually, i'm not sure where to go with this. I was thinking of perhaps sorting out their relationship and making it more of just a cute fic, but i'd like to know what you guys think. :)