Chapter 5

Yuri woke up the next day covered in bruises and still tied to the bed

Yuri woke up the next day covered in bruises and still tied to the bed. His head throbbed and as he hesitantly opened his eyes, he noticed a note on the bedside table beside him. he craned his neck to read what it said. 'Sorry, I went to do some shopping. You looked so peaceful I didn't dare wake you. Be back soon, Victor XOXO,' Yuri felt a surge of desperation. Maybe he could escape this hell house while Victor was out.  He sought all his strength and brought his wrists forward, tugging at the rope holding them. 

To his surprise, the rope snapped. He figured it must have been worn out last night. He glanced at his wrists, noticing a ring of raw flesh where the rope had been. He looked around, seeing if there was anything he could use as a bandage, but there was none. Trying to get up, he remembered his ankles were tied too, so he quickly untied them and got up. He threw on his t-shirt and pants that were still sitting on the dresser, then ran out of the room and into the rest of the apartment. He immediately went to the apartment door, but to his dismay, it was locked and needed a key to open. 

Just as he had given up, and was making his way back to the bedroom, the burst open, and there was Victor. He was dripping wet from the rain and looked surprised for a moment to see Yuri untied, but it passed quickly. "Yuri!" he cried, smiling and closing the door, then dropping his bag. "Victor," Yuri tried to sound happy, but Victor could hear the fear in his voice.  "Oh, my darling Yuri. Please don't be scared of me," he said, then went over to Yuri and gave him a kiss on the cheek, before wrapping his arms around him and whispering in his ear, "I love you," Yuri was taken aback, and stumbled onto the couch, surprised. This was the Victor he had grown to love, and not that... monster he had seen in the bedroom last night.