miles edgeworth, simon backquill, klavier gavin

GENERAL - proving their s/o's innocence despite being a prosecutor.

requested by : _LadyDiamond_

Miles Edgeworth

• as someone who takes great pride in his role as chief prosecutor, he would have to take a few moments to evaluate the case at hand and make sure that you were indeed innocent. It's not that he suspected you, it's that Miles is a very work related man, so he would be luring his job on the line, he needed to be 100% sure.

• if someone like Phoenix was your defence attorney, he would definitely try and have a talk with him. He could place his trust into him to prove your innocence, so he would feel more at ease. Though, he would never admit it.

• when it came fulfilling his role, Miles wouldn't hold back with presenting evidence, but everyone could see that it strained him to try and damage your likelihood of a not guilty verdict; the trial would have him on edge completely.

• he wouldn't be trying to overturn the defence attorney's theories every time, like usual, but would rather try and use thought provoking questions to further prove how his s/o could not have committed the crime. His words were completely controlled, aiming to erase any thoughts surrounding your ability to commit the crime.

• the moment that the not guilty verdict was announced, a visible smile was on Miles' face, a wash of relief radiating throughout his whole body. The instant that your eyes meet, he nods to you as if to say "I told you, it would all work out."

Simon Blackquill

• if he was sure that his s/o was innocent, then he was going to prove them innocent. Instead, he would divert his attention to a different witness, one he suspected of the crime, and try and pile as much evidence as he could against them.

• he would definitely become a little more rude and ruthless in court, often trying to rush the defence attorney to hurry up and prove that his beloved couldn't have committed the crime.

• Simon would probably become easily agitated in the courtroom if things were taking a bad turn, forcing him into a corner. Taka would be a good way for him to release his anger (on the judge) without the risk of being removed from the room.

• if you were being cross examined, Simon would stay silent the whole time, not choosing to intervene with the questioning by the defence attorney. Yes it seemed odd, but he had no choice but to allow you to give testimony without him overturning it and causing you to blubber; that would just make you seem more suspicious. He was determined to clear any suspicion completely.

• when the not guilty verdict was announced, Simon couldn't hold back a smirk, even if he wasn't facing you. Of course he was right to place his faith into you.

Klavier Gavin

• as a prosecutor who tries to find the truth rather than always get a guilty verdict, Klavier was completely for the idea of being the prosecutor of the case just so he could clear your name. He would have the details needed before entering the courtroom that would start the trial in the way that he wanted.

• everyone notices how he seems to be taking his time as new details of the case unfolds. He wants to be thorough, not wanting to slip up and ruin everything he was working toward. Time is meaningless to him, as long as it means you get the justice you deserve.

• the only time Klavier would start to show irritation is if the defence attorney was not able to put two and two together. He couldn't just spell out the answer for them, that would go against his role completely. He'd probably blurt out some German phrase and use a bit of bitter sarcasm.

• he's little less professional than the others, and doesn't hesitate to comfort you with words if you were looking emotional and hopeless. "Don't worry fräulein, you'll get the result you deserve."

• as your not guilty verdict is announced, Klavier wouldn't hesitate to reach out for you and pull you in for a brief kiss, a wide grin on his face. He's probably more excited than you are (you're much too emotional!), a little cocky even that he knew he would find the truth.

I loved writing this!