Let The Skyfall ✒ Steve

That leaked Infinity War trailer murdered my soul.
Even if I didn't watch it.

TRIGGER WARNING: MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH AND DESCRIPTION OF VIOLENCE
-- ✏ --

This was it.

The world was aflame, the battlefield a sea of blood, and a sense of finality washed over you.

This was no Bond film.

There was no magical resolution or back up plan, no armies awaiting the signal, no deity wreaking godly vengeance upon those who would smite the chosen.

Far from it; Earth was now wasteland of fire and death and fury, and blood. Thanos laughed, the tyrannical emperor of a newly enslaved planet --he was above the petty designs of humans, and at the end of it all, with powers and enhancement aside... Your humanity was your greatest flaw.

Earth's heroes were fallen.

Picking your way through the unnamed dead, you stumbled across a familiar figure knelt besides the prone body of a teenager.

"Tony?" You gasped, a hand clasped to your bleeding side. The billionaire sobbed, his near hysterical tears drowning out the barely audible panting of the child (because he was a child, in the end; a brief shadow unable to rage against the dying of the light).

"Mr. Stark, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I'm hurt."

"No. Don't you dare, Pete. Don't you dare."

Peter gave a weak grin, his breath lost in amidst the chaos, a wisp of cigarette smoke in a gale.

"Did I...make you proud?"

"You've made me so damn proud kid. Stay with me." Tony pleaded, oblivious to you dropping to your knees.

"Strange. STRANGE, GET HERE NOW!" You screamed, a haze of tears staining your corneas. Dr. Strange appeared by your side, administering what little aid he could, his distress clear.

"Don't leave me, Dad." Peter pleaded, crying now. His chest heaved despite his shallow breaths. Tony's cries became more raw at this, each sob echoing the breaking of his heart.

Time seemed to stretch and shrink until the moment that a last gasp of air escaped Peter, his eyes going glassy.

Tony shrieked then, an animal howl of anguish that echoed around the battlefield, bouncing off of the shattered buildings.

As you left, leaving Tony to carry Peter's body through a portal Strange summoned, you felt a hand grab your ankle. You looked down, and immediately, your free hand flew up to your mouth.

"Ohmygod!"

There, broken, bloodied, his shield two useless halves.

"(Y/N)?" Steve's eyes were pleading, an open wound spilling blood bountifully onto the battleground.

"Yes, Steve?"

"Did we win?"

He was dying. He was waning, and you didn't have the heart to tell him his sacrifice was all for nought.

"Yes, Steve. We won."

He smiled, teeth bloodied.

"Good."

His eyes looked upwards, to the night sky.

"The stars are beautiful." A single tear ran down his face. He went from a soldier resolute in the face of death, to a frightened man. "Stay with me?"

You lowered yourself to the hardened earth, laying your head on his chest gently. Your eyes transfixed on the brilliant glow of the stars.

"In this life and the next. I'll always stay by your side."

----

I PASSED MY GCSE'S!
2 A*'s 2 A's and 4 B's I'm yellin' y'all

Also I'm so emo and I'm so sorry