Cooler Than Me ➡ Steve

A tiny bit of bad language, guys. Heads up.
*

You weren't an Avenger. You were just temping with the Avengers, trying to educate Thor, Steve and Bucky about life in the 21st century. So far, Thor had realised that people got hostile if you smashed their plates, reduced his volume (slightly), and stopped wearing his Asgardian armour 24/7, swapping it for civvies. He was doing well.

The Super Soldiers? Not as well.

Steve and Bucky still didn't get the concept of social media; how could you communicate with someone on a different continent and they reply in minutes? Their slang was outdated, and neither had the faintest idea about clothing a la mode. So, you had to embark on possibly the hardest task of your life. Today on the agenda?
Gaming, social media, and slang.

"No, Steve, you tap the screen. Not that hard! Okay, better. Bucky, what the hell?"

Apparently, men who'd laughed in the face of death several times couldn't play Crossy Road. Steve nearly shattered the screen of your brand new iPad several times, and Bucky kept trying to move the cars on the road. Maybe it was time to move on to Legend of Zelda, or Mario Kart; come on, that stuff was made for kids. Surely they could use the Wii.

***

After watching Steve drive off the cliff edge on Mario for twenty five minutes, and seeing Bucky bitch slap his own character in Legend of Zelda (something you didn't even know was possible), you decided to move onto social media.

Starting with a well known Vine.

"Why the fuck you lyin', why you always lyin', mm oh my God, stop fucking lyin'."

"Okay, then." You stopped the Vine, and turned to look at the two soldiers. Steve was wearing the facial expression of someone who'd heard you swear in church, and Bucky looked utterly confused. They looked slightly less confused after you explained the concept of Vine, although you for the feeling Steve was gonna go look for holy water to cleanse his ears from the f bombs that had been dropped.
****

"Well, Steve, the minute you're in a relationship, you'll have to protect your woman from the hoards of rabid fangirls." You teased, after Steve had asked for girl advice.

"(Y/N)? What's a fangirl?"

"It's a term given to a girl or woman who's in a fandom - that's a group of people who really like something- and who will protect her otp or husband at all costs. You have quite a few."

"How many exactly?"

"Judging by the number of Tumblr posts..." You tailed off, seeing Steve's worried expression. "Just... If you hear someone screaming 'notice me, senpai', run fast, run far."

"Got it. Oh, and (Y/N)?"

"Yes, Steve?"

"I'll protect you from the fangirls any day."