"You guys are cute," you said as you began to walk alongside Lea down the beach.

"Thanks. I want to kill him sometimes, but he really is great. We've been through a lot together," Lea adjusted the bag on her shoulder, "So, Y/N, enlighten me. How's your time in Hawaii been so far?"

"I'm still just trying to get used to everything, but it's been good. Hoseok's been really kind to me, and I've appreciated that a lot considering I barely know anyone here yet," you spoke honestly, not embarrassed to share your gratitude toward Hoseok.

"I find it funny that you say Hoseok's been kind to you since he nearly broke your head open," Lea let out a giggle.

"When will everyone stop bringing that up?" you let out an exasperated laugh, "It was a dumb accident and he's more than made up for it since then."

"Fair enough," the corner of Lea's mouth turned up into a smirk, "You're letting him off easy because he's cute, right?"

The question caught you off guard. "Well, I mean-" You began, unsure of whether it would be weird to tell her that she wasn't wrong about his looks.

"Hoseok's like my brother, but I'm not blind. He's hot." You and Lea both paused, practically glancing back over at him in unison as he removed his cotton T-shirt to replace with another Volcom rashguard.

"I guess he already bought a new one then," you mumbled to yourself, quickly removing your eyes from at him at the last second as he looked in yours and Lea's direction.

"Hurry up!" she called out to him before turning and beginning to walk again. "They always take forever to get their stuff together when we go places. Oh! We can sit there!" Lea pointed to a nice stretch of sand that was adequately empty enough for the group to be comfortable.

By the time you and Lea had spread out a few large beach towels for sitting, the boys had finally caught up.

"Can I go now?" That was Kaylen who was impatiently waiting with his surfboard. He looked to both Hoseok and Kai, waiting on one of them to grant him permission to enter the water.

"Go ahead, I'll be out there with you in a second," Kai nodded, sitting down to wax the surfboard.

"Hey, look at me," Hoseok called out before Kaylen had a chance to run out into the ocean. His eyebrows were narrowed and his voice was more serious than you had heard it so far. "Remember the rules, okay? I'm serious. You're not used to this beach and you don't know the water as well as you think you do. Be safe."

"I'll be careful, I promise."

"Alright, go on then."

Kaylen turned, excitedly heading for the water as the three older boys stood by and watched with expressions of mild hesitation.

"I think I'll just go on ahead with him...This makes me nervous," Kai scratched the back of his head in a fidgeting manner, grabbing his surfboard and tucking it under his arm.

"You're going to have to learn to trust him one of these days," Lea called out from her spot on the beach towels.

"I know," Kai grimaced before entering the water anyway, taking off after his little brother.

"I'm gonna go too," Felix turned for a brief moment to flash a smile at Lea before he too entered the water.

"Y/N, you sure you don't want to come with?" Hoseok offered one more time, seeming unsure about leaving you behind.

"I'll be here when you get tired and wanna come back," you smiled at him, "No worries, alright?"

He nodded with a grin and then charged into the water, quickly wading out to meet up with everyone else.