xv. moonlight in my hands [jihan]

2,667 words - rating: general - warnings: none

Jeonghan hadn't a doubt in his mind, nor his heart that Hong Jisoo was angelic. Pure, soft; beautifully angelic. He'd not hurt a fly and talk for hours about why. Jeonghan didn't mind, he'd listen to anything Jisoo had to say, from the deepest of conversations about his feelings to the shallowest about the sky. It was a certainty that Jisoo was amongst the few people left on the planet with an absolute heart of gold, but there's a line between the reality of love and the fiction in doting. Sure, Jisoo was angelic, in every aspect he could be; but an actual angel? As in, a benevolent being of the God above? Jeonghan was hesitant to let his mind wander that far.

He never let it trouble him.

"I wonder how you can be so... perfect," Jeonghan thought aloud, a habit, and tangled his fingers into Jisoo's smooth hair.

The latter hummed a chuckle and shifted his head, moving it from Jeonghan's chest to his shoulder and looked up with his gorgeous brown eyes. "Don't say things like that," he cooed, modest as always with a pink blush dusting his cheeks.

"It's true!" Jeonghan insisted, patting Jisoo's head. "You really are just wonderful."

Jisoo, sleepily, sighed blissfully and ran his hand over Jeonghan's chest and settled to cup his other shoulder. "I'm flattered." He lifted his head to add, leaning closer. "And you're not so bad yourself, despite what the other's tell." He brushed his lips over Jeonghan's before they curled into a smile, pressing the pair instead to his nose, hesitating, then pressing them over every inch of his face.

He left later after the sun had fallen, insisting, "You need to hit the books, you barely scraped last semester."

Jeonghan rolled his eyes - a common reply. "Thanks, mom. Give me a kiss before you go." Still sitting on the bed, he puckered his lips, waiting expectantly, to which Jisoo leaned down, complying, and kissing him softly there. "Or, as Ms. Del Ray says, kiss me hard before you go?" He gave a cheeky smile, wide where he teeth flashed, and knew it was the kind Jisoo found hard to refuse.

The latter tentatively wrapped his arm around Jeonghan's nape and tutted, saying nothing before again going for a kiss, this one harder as requested, where, if he focused enough, Jeonghan could taste the swipe of vanilla Cola lip balm that Jisoo tended his chapped lips to, sliding his hands up to neck to keep his mouth close.

Jisoo pulled away and the chance passed. He pressed his finger to Jeonghan's forehead and pushed, musing, "Study. I'll call before I go to sleep."

Pulling a pout, Jeonghan caved. "Love you."

"Love you too," he replied. "Cute freckles, by the way."

"Junhui!" Jeonghan dumped his bag by the table and slumped into the chair. "Emergency. I need foundation."

"Sure." Junhui finished typing out a text on his handheld. "What shade do you--oh, my God." He looked up and was met with Jeonghan's face, milky as ever but his nose, forehead, and cheeks were littered with tiny, brown freckles. Junhui's mouth dropped. "Did you fall asleep in the Sahara desert or something?"

Jeonghan let out a loud groan as he covered his eyes down with his hands. "I have no idea where they came from!"

"Uh, the sun maybe?"

"You know I don't go outside unless bribed." He opened his hands to whisper, "Jisoo said they weren't that bad, are they that bad?"

"Honey, it looks like a six-year-old got ahold of a brown fine-liner when you were asleep."