So maybe, that's where the problem lies. Not only was Hong Jisoo perfect, he was more so than Jihoon, and as much as the latter would like to dispell it, deep down he knew that's the issue he with Hong Jisoo.

"You can stop staring," Chan says over a piece of toast at breakfast.

"What?" Jihoon frowns. He snaps his head to the Slytherin seeker. "I wasn't staring."

"Who was Jihoon staring at?" Minghao inserts, seating himself next to the mentioned with a Divination book in his hands.

"I wasn't staring at anyone!"

"I bet he was staring at Soonyoung," Jun pipes in, grinning cheekily as he takes a fork and jabs it into Jihoon's strip of bacon. "I knew there was something more than a love potion there."

"You know, I will hex you, Junhui," Jihoon threatens. "Worse so than Seungcheol for that stupid prank. Bat's flying out of your nose, does that sound nice?"

"He was staring at Jisoo again," Chan answers, flinching as Jihoon reaches for his 12" oak wood wand.

"I was not staring at him," he hisses, attracting unwanted glances from other Slytherins around them. "I was just looking over at the Hufflepuff table."

"For like, five minutes straight."

"So, when were you going to tell us you had a crush on Hong Jisoo?" Jun has to hold Jihoon' s wrist and to prevent the Redactum Skullus hex from leaving his lips."I do not have a crush on him!" Jihoon exasperates. "I don't even remotely like him!

With a dry laugh, Chan nods his head. "Okay, sure."

"I don't see why you don't like him," Minghao says, cutting Jihoon off before he can cast a spell on the youngest. "I mean, he's a nice person."

"He's a talented wizard," says Chan.

"He's a good prefect," chimes Minghao.

"He was great at playing Keeper," Chan adds.

"He's really cute."

Another point to add to the Moderate Reasons to Love Hate Hong Jisoo list: he really, really was really, really cute. And handsome. And pretty. And hot. Every word one could think to describe good looks, Hong Jisoo is it. He has this beautiful skin tone, golden, velvety tan and glistening, sunken eyes that scrunched when he laughed. And God, that laugh. Deep chuckles and gasps, matched with his wide, pearly smile and pretty pink lips... Jihoon hates it, hates all of it, and hates the way it makes his heart thud a million times a second. If Jihoon is struck with a heart attack anytime soon, he's definitely going to sue Jisoo.

"You think everything with a heartbeat is cute, Jun." Minghao rolls his eyes, his voice stopping Jihoon from turning around and peeking at the Hufflepuff table.

"Says you, sneaking off with Gryffindor prefect Kim Mingyu every second you can. Don't think I don't see you two scurrying into the Restricted Section of the library."

"That's exactly why I don't like him," Jihoon interjects, stopping Minghao before he can throw his orange juice on the former. "He's just... too perfect."

Chan pretends to gag as Minghao rolls his eyes so hard Jihoon's sure they should've fallen out of his head.

"No, no, no! I didn't mean it likeーnevermind." Jihoon's body slumps as he the boys around him coo and laugh vociferously. "I'm going to class," he grumbles, picking his satchel from the floor and stalking towards the doors of the great hall with fiery red cheeks.

Jihoon was a mildly misunderstood prefect. Although strong-willed and tough in nature, Jihoon, and the rest of Slytherin house, knew that his outward frosty stance was a cleverly constructed facade to hide the fact he cares. He cares deeply about the kids in his year, the ones older and younger - he's only in his sixth year, just starting his N.E.W.Ts, but he can't but feel like a proud parent when Slytherins get praised and win. His heart hurts when they're unfairly wronged or punished, and he does his very best all the time to make sure every Slytherin is loving their lives at Hogwarts as they should.