ii. thousand miles or so [verkwan]

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Hyung, you're rambling again," Chan interjected with a sigh, peering at Seungkwan over the top of his soda can (how anyone could drink an ice cold Tango in the winter was a mystery). "Let Hansol-hyung at least get a word in."

"I don't know about you, Kwan, but that sounds like a fantastic Christmas to me," Hansol chuckled, and Seungkwan wished he was in the canteen with Chan and himself, mainly so he could hear that laugh in real life, but also kind of to give him a punch.

Seungkwan snorted - not the most attractive sound he could make, but oh well. "Don't even joke about that, please." He sighed again, biting his lip as he added: "It's only Christmas if it's with you."

"No, no, no," Hansol whined over the phone, and Seungkwan kind of melts a bit inside while ignoring Chan who had gotten up to leave, groaning something about going to sit with a someone single. "Don't start that. Christmas is still Christmas, even if I'm 5,000-ish miles away."

Seungkwan paused and thought. "New York is further away than L.A."

"Yeah, but only by a thousand miles or so."

"Yeah," Seungkwan repeated, breathing a forced laugh with a half-hearted side smile. "Only a thousand miles or so."

Seven more days, six more days, five more days...

"By the way," Hansol's pixelate face was blurry on Seungkwan's monitor and his voice sounded a lot more robotic than over the phone (damned this apartment's crappy connection), "if you start decorating the flat without me, we're getting a divorce."

Seungkwan stopped chomping on his double chocolate chip cookie and frowns at the electronic deception of Hansol's face. "Baby, we're not even married."

"Not yet." Hansol winked, he winked , and as much as Seungkwan wanted to hang up the video chat and not talk to his boyfriend for the night as punishment, he couldn't, for the smile that spread across his chubbying cheeks (it was the holidays - chocolate was a must) was far too strong to stop.

"Ever heard of a being too sweet?" Seungkwan swallowed his mouthful of cookie and wiped a stray crumb from the corner of his lip. "Anyway, no need to worry. My flat is as bare as a shaved sheep until you're home. Scout's honor." (Seungkwan was never in the Boy Scouts) He smiled sweetly, heart fluttering when his screen was filled with Hansol's matching grin.

The call ended later with the bidding of sweet dreams and a promise to speak tomorrow. Seungkwan wandered from his bedroom to the sitting room after, tapping away at his phone in one hand and sipping lightly at the glass of milk in the other. He set the drink aside and held his hand on his hip with an unamused look on his features, scanning the biggest room with his tired, red and irritated eyes.

He guessed he could put away the tinsel, collapse the tree and hide the novelty snowman in the morning.

Four more days, three more days, two more days...

"You didn't pick up all day," Hansol's voice echoed from the Seungkwan's phone, the device being held between his shoulder and his ear as he struggled to get the key into the lock while also balancing the gift bag from Junhui and his grocery shopping. "I was getting a bit worried."

"So you decided to leave eight messages?" Seungkwan giggled, mentally congratulating himself as he finally managed to push open his front door. "And about a million texts?"

"Hey, I was worried, okay?" Hansol defended, his voice tensing to mask the fragile front being broken. "Who knows what could happen without me there to protect you."