Chapter 5

Is it just me, or that incident a while ago really tired me out? What's Miami even thinking?

"Hey, Alex"

Does she have a plan in motion? If that's the case, what? Is it something related to me?

"Earth to Alex."

Why would she even do something like this? Am I forgetting something very important? I'm sorry Miami, if that's the case. I don't know you too well.

"MISTER ALEX WINSTON!"

That shout made me go back to the real world. It was our professor, Teacher Fuyumi.

"Ma'am! It's 3 ohms!" I shouted back without even looking at the board. Electrical Physics is kind of boring. It is too easy.

"Be thankful that you are smart, or else I would've already punished you if your answer wasn't correct." Teacher Fuyumi said. "After you miraculously arrived to school, which is good, you are now just here, being a useless member of the society. What are you daydreaming about, anyway?"

I immediately denied about daydreaming and just pretended to listen to the lesson.

"Am I daydreaming, ma'am? Why would I do that? I need to listen to the lesson so that I could succeed in life, right?"

"Stop that philosophy, Alex." Teacher Fuyumi just replied without any care for my rhetoric question.

.

.

.

Class ended. After Teacher Fuyumi went out, Rozen Minali approached me, took out a piece of paper with a writing on it and asked a question.

"Say, how do you solve this equation?" Rozen asked.

"Stop bluffing, Rozen. You already know that." I replied.

"Come on!" Rozen protested. "Have some hospitality, will you? I don't know the answer to this."

I thought for a while.

"It's 22 ohms. So? What do you want to talk about?" I asked Rozen.

She was astonished by my statement. Was her cover blown? She lightly grinned.

"Fine, you got me." Rozen replied. "I have a question for you. Is there by any chance that you love someone?"

What is that meaning of that? Does she want to confuse me?

"Of course." I said.

"Who?" she asked back.

"My parents, my sister, my aunts, my uncles, my-"

"You're taking it too literally, you nitwit." Rozen protested.

How am I a nitwit?

"Huh?" I asked.

"I mean romance, you know. ROMANCE."

"Are you asking me if I like someone romantically?"

"Yes."

"Hmm...I think there is someone I liked." I said.

"Heh?" Rozen asked, seemingly excited. "Who? Who? Please tell me!"

"That one I like has a name of Rozen Minali." I promptly replied."Are you happy now?"

Rozen seemed dumbfounded and instantly blushed, trying hard to suppress it.

"W-what do you th-think you're saying, Alex?" she said. "Hahaha, that means y-you have no chance with me t-then...I already l-like so-someone."

"Ahh! I'm sorry I like you. You already like someone right?" I said, sarcastically pretending to be hurt. "You already like SHIERRA, right?"