Chapter 3

11 years ago...

After witnessing Alex's intelligence, Miami promised herself to work hard in order to beat Alex. As young as she is, with that extreme motivation, she succeeded in raising her intelligence, although anyone would think she had gone a lot of mental torture. How she gained her intelligence was unknown, but it thoroughly did something BAD to her.

As such one day.

There was a commotion starting between Alex and Miami. They were talking about advanced math that normally shouldn't yet be learned by children like them.

"The easier way for finding squares is just multiplying the number by itself!" Miami said.

"No! If you use the formula I created, then you'll do just fine, even with bigger numbers!" Alex protested.

Their classmates, although a little mischievous, even stopped their actions in order to see what's going on, even if they cannot understand a thing the two are saying.

Then, the teacher of that time, which is coincidentally their teacher in the present, Teacher Fuyumi, stepped in to cease their verbal disagreement.

"Will you cease this nonsense?!" reprimanded Teacher Fuyumi.

It is natural for a teacher to have patience and consideration against pupils, especially kindergarten. They are still kids. Nevertheless, they also take note not to spoil them too much. That's why kindergarten teachers are kind of amazing. However, the case for Alex and Miami are different. No matter how you look at it, they are already mature in terms of mental ability, but nevertheless, still kids at heart.

"But, tweacher!" Alex protested. "The way she's talking about is way too Herculean for someone who's going to solve something hard!"

"And the way he's talking about takes a lot of cognitive ability!" Miami protested back.

Teacher Fuyumi thought for a while.

"Why don't you make up and be friends?" Teacher Fuyumi suggested.

"Friends?" they both asked.

"It is the relationship between people who share a very special part to each other."explained Teacher Fuyumi.

They both thought at the same time.

"Friends? That has a nice ring to it." Miami said.

"Mm!"Alex said. He also agreed.

And thus Teacher Fuyumi EASILY united the two.

Kids. Hard to control, but at the same time, easy.

"My formula's still better than yours!" Alex began again.

"No, that's harder!" Miami replied.

And the commotion started again. But instead, Teacher Fuyumi ignored it and started class.

When it ended...

Miami stood up and approached Alex. "Let's go out together!" she said.

"Sure." Alex replied as they held hands and went to the canteen.

They bought food and dined in the nearby table. There they conversed.

"Hey," Miami started, picking up a piece of bread. "Why are you THAT smart?"

"I cannot answer that question." Alex replied, perfectly making barbecue sticks into chopsticks and picking up a scrambled egg.

"Why is that?" Miami asked back, eating the bread.