Chapter 2: BAD Teacher

(Setting: At the Hub)

“PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO BE A BAD BOY.”

There I said it. I wonder if the Hawk thinks I’m just joking but I firmly looked at him in the eyes.

“Uhh... Who are you?” he also looked at my eyes so firmly that I felt like I was some kind of weak animal he’s about to hunt. But that’s not going to stop me.

“Me? My name is Dani--“ I haven’t been able to finish when my friend cut me off.

“Sorry for troubling you Mr. Hawk! My friend is just drunk. He doesn’t know what he’s saying.” Arnold pleaded as he took me away from Hawk. He’s putting his arms around me so I can’t quite move.

“No I’m not. I’m completely sober.” I said trying to get out of his grip of me.

“What are you thinking, talking to the Hawk as if he’s just some normal guy!?” Arnold whispered, trying not to catch attention from the Hawk. Arnold knew Hawk before I did so I’m not exactly sure why he’s so scared at him.

He just saved the Hub from those thugs so he should be a nice guy… right? Well, after seeing his fight, I’m not so sure if he’s “nice”. He doesn’t play that kind of card.

“Hey, get off of me. I need to talk to him. As if he’ll punch me or anything okay?” I’m not really comfortable at our current position. He’s still not letting me go.

“You don’t know him that well, what if… Holy shit, he’s coming here.” Arnold tried to explain but then he let me go when the Hawk was suddenly coming to our way. “I told you, you pissed him off, go apologize to him!” he said, obviously scared.

Now, I’m kind of scared too. Will he punch us? Oh no. “Mr. Hawk, I’m so so—“

Then he broke into a laugh. Before I get to say anything, he was already laughing. “You’re Interesting! Hahahaha!”

Arnold and I were confused. “Uhmm… You’re laughing?” After some seconds, he finally stopped then he put his hand on my shoulder.

“Sure, I’ll teach you. You’re interesting you know that? Not being afraid and coming to me like that. I like your guts.” He patted me so hard that it nearly went off but I didn’t mind that. What an irony when he said I was interesting but then I also didn’t mind that.

“He’s not serious Daniel! I think you really pissed him off!” Arnold whispered beside me. He tried stopping me.

“Great! Thank you Mr. Hawk!” This opportunity doesn’t come twice. I felt like I have to do this… for myself, and for my future.

“So, let’s get started. Follow me.” He made his way to the rooftop as I follow him.

“Aye-aye sir!”

“You’ve got to be kidding me! Daniel!” Arnold was left with no choice but to follow us too.

(Setting: Hub Rooftop)

“It’s quite chilly in here so let’s get started.” The three of us were standing at the Hub’s rooftop and Arnold and I are not quite sure why the Hawk invited us here.

“Hmm… Mr.Hawk, how would you exactly teach me how to be a bad boy…….. Here?”

He just stood there and put his hands on his waist. Then he turned his attention towards me. “Come, punch me.”

Punch him!?!? I couldn’t even kill a cockroach by myself. But he looks serious. “Mr. Hawk, I can’t do that. I have no reason to punch you.”