•Chapter 7•

◈◈◈◈◈◈

*Y/N POV*

I wasn't very comfortable yet with him, but Hani seemed a lot more easy-going and friendly. Men in general were people I wanted to avoid. I always felt uncomfortable around them. I always felt uneasy.

She spoke to me politely, asking me a lot about my family and life in general.

It was so that she could find out more about where I came from and try to connect me to Jin's existence.

Even so, it sounded like she was simply being friendly, her actions also being simple and sweet.

"So, you're 21 hu?"

I nodded.

"Well, that's nice. Do you know how you died?"

I shook my head, remembering nothing past three years before.

The only reason I knew I was 21 was due to the calendar on his fridge.

While we talked, Hani went to the fridge, taking out some ingredients to make breakfast, and began cooking.

She was particularly interested in how I knew Korean.

She thought it was funny how my dad taught me and how I ended up in the list of future wives of his client's kids. A wife. I would have preferred to stay single for ever as long as I wasn't reminded of how dirty and disgusting I felt.

It was funny... Yet it only made me sad.

Looking over at the bed, I noticed Jin tossing and turning, his face scrunched up as he turned one last time.

"You should wake him up. He has to go to work."

I nodded at Hani, walking over to him.

Before I could even say anything, the small corgi had hopped onto the bed, licking his face wildly.

Not long after did he wake up, his hands cleaning out his eyes while I stood frozen in place.

What was I supposed to do anyway?

Run?

A little late for that no?

Looking over at Hani, I turned away in an attempt to escape the predicament I had fallen upon but only found that damn corgi barking at me...

Again.

"What's wrong princess-"

He was now sitting up, looking at me as I struggled to sneak away.

He froze.

Something in his eyes changed when he got up, walking over to pet her.

"So you're still here? Hani?"

I nearly felt my heart fall out of my chest when he began to ask at first, thinking he was talking about me until he said her name.

Did he not remember I was there?

"I'm simply cooking for us. Now, hurry up or you'll be late for work. Y/N already picked out your suit for today."