Twenty

(A/N: why is zayn so hot in glasses what the FUCK)

"Ni, baby, it's time to wake up." It's Justin's voice, soft, and his warm hand brushes Niall's hair away from his face.

Niall groans. "No..."

Justin laughs. "Come on, baby, we gotta head to the plane."

Niall groans louder. "Sleepin', Jay." He opens one eye. "Carry me?" he asks cutely, arms outstretched, and Justin rolls his eyes. He can't help but scoop Niall up, though, especially when he gives Justin his puppy eyes.

"Such a brat," Justin mutters fondly, giving the sleepy boy a forehead kiss. Niall just smiles a little, sleepily, and nuzzles his face against Justin's bicep.

"Is he still asleep?" Zayn asks, glancing at his watch. It's nearing 3:30am, and they need to be on the road by 4 to make sure they make their flight. "Aw, such a sleepy, little thing."

"You guys ready to go? Is Ni even up yet?" Liam's voice asks, and he makes his way down the hall, hand-in-hand with Harry.

"He's still mostly asleep," Justin admits, cradling Niall closer. "I'm trying to let him sleep as long as possible so he's not grumpy."

"He's so cute," Harry laughs, smiling at little Niall in his pink pajamas with little planets all over. Nobody has changed out of their pajamas yet, and Zayn is still in his glasses. They make their way out to the car, and Zayn offers to drive because he's the only one awake enough to do so. Liam and Harry take the far back of the SUV, and Justin sits in the middle with Niall.

"No, baby," Justin scolds when Niall tries to climb back into his lap. "You gotta put your seatbelt on, sweetheart."

Niall frowns. He's so beyond tired, all he wants to do is curl up in Justin's lap and go back to sleep. It's still dark out after all, and kind cold, and Justin is so warm in comparison. He lets out a whine and starts to try to climb into his lap again, and Justin gives his butt a smack, making him whine loudly.

"What did I say?" he asks, and Niall frowns.

"But..."

"We can cuddle after you put your seatbelt on," Justin responds, and with a huge, overdramatic pout, Niall obediently clicks his seatbelt. "See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" He opens his arms for Niall, and he curls up, laying his head in Justin's lap. "Such a little brat," he says again, even more fondly, running his fingers through Niall's hair.

"I can't believe he gave in so easily," Liam calls from the backseat. When Justin turns around, Harry is snuggled up to Liam similarly to how Niall is snuggled in his lap. "Usually trying to get him out of my lap results in tears." Niall lifts an arm to flip Liam off, which does nothing but make him laugh.

"Spanks are super effective," Justin laughs, and Niall lets out a whine, hiding his face in Justin's hoodie. "Oh, quit whining, you little stinker. Go back to sleep." He leans down to kiss Niall's cheek, and Niall smiles a little at the affection. It doesn't take long for him to doze off, especially with Justin stroking his hair.

- - -

"Okay, Ni, time to wake up and be a person," Zayn teases, a smile in his voice.

"Coffee?" Niall asks, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He's in Justin's lap, and they're no longer in the car, he realizes suddenly. "Oh!" he gasps once he realizes they're in a private jet, and he hops out of Justin's lap to run to the window. They haven't taken off yet, but he presses his face to the window anyway, eyes the size of saucers.

"Come on, baby boy, we gotta sit so the jet can take off," Zayn calls, patting the open seat beside him. Niall bounds over to the seat, glaring at Justin the whole time he clicks his seatbelt.

Justin rolls his eyes. "Are you gonna hold that against me forever?"

"Yes! I was denied cuddles!" Niall pouts. 

"Baby boy, you were only denied cuddles because you were willing to put yourself in danger to get them."

Niall sticks his tongue out. "You're mean."

Justin shakes his head. "And you're adorable."

Niall blushes. "I can't be mad at you when you're being nice!" he whines, hiding his face in Zayn's chest. Justin laughs, and not much later, the jet starts to move down the runway. Niall is literally bouncing in his seat, and when he looks over, Liam and Harry are smiling at him. Niall goes to unbuckle his seatbelt, eager to actually get a chance to talk to Harry and get to know him a bit, but Justin and Zayn both glare at him at the same exact time.

"Don't even think about it," Zayn says, low in his ear, and Niall shivers, but obediently waits until it's safe before he unbuckles. 

"Hi!" he chirps, semi-shyly, bounding over to sit in the seat across from Harry and Liam. "I know we haven't officially met yet, but I'm Niall, and I'm super, duper excited to finally meet you! Oh! I really like your shirt!" Niall adds, pointing to Harry's pajama shirt, which is just a ballerina pink t-shirt.

Harry already can't stop smiling. "It's nice to finally meet you too! Liam talks about you a lot! You're the cutest thing!"

Niall goes pink. "Nooo, you're so nice! And your dimples are really pretty! Have you ever been to Italy before? Oh! Look! Look, the sun is coming up and the sky is pink!" He shifts to look out the window.

Liam shakes his head. "Sorry, babe. He gets really easily distracted when he's excited."

"Don't worry about it," Harry grins. "Ni, have you ever been on a plane before?"

Niall turns when he hears his name. "No! I'm really excited! Jay, how long is the flight?"

Justin checks his phone. "Um, I think about 9 hours or so."

Niall lets out a whine. "That's so long!"

"It won't be so bad, cupcake. You'll probably sleep for most of it," Liam laughs, and Niall sticks his tongue out at him. Not much later, he goes back over to Zayn and Justin, curling up in Zayn's lap. 

"Thank you for this," he says to them quietly. "You guys are so good to me."

"Oh, baby boy, you're an angel. You absolutely deserve it," Justin responds, leaning over to kiss him. Niall turns his face at the last second, still mad at him for denying him cuddles either, so Justin just responds by leaving kisses all over his face. "You know you can't say not to kisses, sweet pea. You know you love them," Justin laughs between kisses, and Niall can't help but giggle as Zayn squeezes him tighter to keep him from falling out of his lap.

"Okay, okay," Niall finally gives in, tilting his chin up so Justin can actually kiss him. Justin kisses his nose and his forehead after the kisses is broken, and grins when Niall's gaze goes soft.

"You're so fucking cute! What the fuck!" he exclaims in a soft voice, sitting back in his seat.

"Okay, take it easy, Jay, he's blushing so much his cheeks are gonna melt off," Zayn laughs, kissing one pink cheek.

"You guys are mean. I'm gonna go cuddle with Liam," Niall frowns, and true to his word, he curls up in Liam's lap alongside Harry.