Chapter VIII

I woke up the next morning, tired and anxious. I was going to get an earful from Tezuka. I sighed and got changed, making sure i didn't wake up anyone up. I found myself nervously standing in front of Tezuka. I had arrived five minutes ago, yet he hadn't said one word.

"Um, Tezuka-"

"I told you call me Kunimitsu."

"Okay, Kunimitsu, what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Inui gave me a duplicate of your training menu, it starts in five minutes. I have to supervise you until he gets here."

"Okay? I'll go get changed then." I walked off feeling a little disappointed. Did he really not like? Fuji was right he only knows tennis.

Tezuka Pov

I sighed. Why didn't i ask her why she was with Fuji yesterday? Why did i even want to know?

"Kunimitsu?" I turned to see Ryoko was back and changed into her tennis outfit. "Do you like-"

"Tezuka, Ryoko, good morning." Inui interrupted Ryoko. "Ready to get started?"

"Uh yeah, bye Boucho." I nodded at Ryoko. 'What was she going to ask? Do I like what? Do I like her?....I like her?' I felt my mind go blank at the realization. 'I like Ryoko? That would explain why I got angry when she was with Fuji....Fuji? She probably likes him, they did kiss...' I sighed, leaning against the tennis court. I looked over to see she was practicing hard with Inui. 'I have to talk to her.'

3rd Pov

Ryoko had finished practicing along with the rest of the team. An the day had passed generally slowly. She walked around aimlessly after school. 

"Ryoko?" Fuji web day the young girl, bored out of her mind. 

"Fuji-kun!" She desperately said, tears threatening to slip. "Tezuka didn't even ask about us yesterday. He only wanted to see me because Inui was running late. I-I don't think likes me." She said burying her face in his chest. 

"I'm sorry Ryoko." Fuji patted her soft hair, brining her into a caring hug. "Tezuka just isn't one to notice things unless it involves tennis." Fuji who ha always smiled, was now frowning seeing his dear friend cry. He had actually began to have feelings for her, but ignored them seeing as Tezuka and Ryoko seemed to have mutual feelings for each other. He cupped her face like when he had at the park. 

"Fuji-kun?" Ryoko looked up, her hazel eyes glistening and face stained with tears. 

"I'm sorry." Fuji grabbed her face with both hands and kiss the surprised Ryoko. Stopping for a breath, Fuji couldn't help but chuckle at Ryoko's confused expression. "I like you Ryoko."

"I-I-I'm sorry Fuji-kun, even if he doesn't like me back, I still like Tezuka." Ryoko smiled sadly earning a smile from Fuji. 

"I know, but maybe you can use me to get over him."

"I don't know."

"Please Ryoko, go out with me."

"I-.....okay Fuji-kun." Ryoko agreed unaware a certain captain had been listening in on their conversation the whole time. Tezuka waited for Fuji to leave Ryoko alone, in order to talk to her alone. 

Tezuka Pov

"Ryoko!" I grabbed her hand,  hazel eyes stared at me.

"Ku-Kunimitsu?!" I pulled her in for a kiss unaware of what I was doing. Letting my feelings control me, I pulled her in close cupping her face with my hands as I felt her arms wrap around me. We pulled apart moments later, both of us completely red. "Break up with Fuji and go out with me."

"I-" I kissed Ryoko cutting her off. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I walked off hearing her say what. I smiled a bit and then frowned. 'Fuji wasn't going to have her.'