Chapter I

"Yo, did you hear? A 12-year old is taking part in the 16-year old division."

"No way. Are you sure the registration wasn't a mistake?" I droned out the guys making a commotion, and closed my eyes, soaking in the sunny breeze and cut grass tickle my skin. Dozing off to the sounds of tennis rackets and tennis balls.

"Ryo-neechan?" I opened my eyes to see my cute younger brother squatting down beside me.

"Ryoma? Shouldn't you still be playing?" I asked, sitting up and brushing myself off.

"I was disqualified for being five minutes late." Ryoma said nonchalant.

"I'm sorry chibisuke." I said ruffling his green tinted black hair.

"Thanks onee-chan." His hazel eyes looked at me, thru his now messy hair.

"We should get going then. I'm starting to get hungry."

"You're always hungry." I smiled at my brother, both of us laughing at my huge appetite.

A few days later, I woke up to the heart attack my phone had given me. Shutting off my alarm, I got out of bed and got ready for school. Once I finished I noticed Ryoma had just started waking up.

"Chibisuke, you'll be late for school if you wake up so late." I said popping my head into his slightly open bedroom door. "Hurry up."

"Uisu." I smiled at the strange way my little brother says yes. Such a weird dialect, yet it's befitting to him. A few minutes later, my brother and I found ourselves at the gates of Seigaku middle school. "I'm gonna head to class. I'll see you later?"

"Yup. See ya." I waved to Ryoma, making my way to class. I walked into room 3-1, noticing no one had arrived yet. "I guess I'm too early." I was told my seat was 11, I sat down seeing no harm in taking a quick nap. Only to be woken up a few minutes later by the sound of a chair scrapping against the floor. I looked to my left and saw a brunette with glasses. He had a stoic expression and was reading a recently published tennis magazine. My eyes sparkled with excitement. He must have noticed me staring because he turned, looking straight into my hazel eyes.

"Do you need something?" I blinked before smiling at him.

"Sorry, I just noticed the tennis magazine you were reading. Do you play tennis?" I asked looking into his yellow-ish eyes.

"Yes. I'm Tezuka Kunimitsu, the tennis team captain." Tezuka spoke.

"That's so cool! I'm Echizen Ryoko. Nice to meet you Tezuka-kun." I smiled as more students started pouring into the class. I couldn't help but think that moving here was a great idea.