Deep Scar

I groaned, feeling myself in a haze waking up from a relaxing deep sleep. Something I haven't experienced for years. My thoughts were still groggy but I was no in rush. No actually, we both weren't in a rush in this fine early morning. There wasn't anywhere or anything particular we had to attend to.

Devin and I just laid lazily in his bed. The morning light shining brightly and seeping through his soft coloured curtains. Our bodies were entangled, naked, and pressed against one another. My head was upon his chest. I felt so at peace and complete, with just hearing his strong steady heartbeat and leveled breathing. There was no other place I wanted to be at right now, than here in his embrace.

Taking the chance, I gazed upon his beautiful face. I chuckled softly to myself, seeing the mother of all black-eyes, dully showing its prowess. The purple colour would definitely make him wail in distress, but I didn't think too badly of it. Actually I found it rather beautiful. In its own way. Or maybe it was because it's just Devin, that I didn't really care either way. Or maybe it was because it was from him trying to protect that just endeared him to my soul even more. Whatever it is, I don't think I would be letting this one go, maybe not ever. 

My fingers urged to touch his face and I didn't deny myself. I softly stroked his cheeks and just admired him. He began to stir and his closed eyelids opened and immediately his honey eyes caught my gaze.

He smiled.

"Morning...like what you see?" He said with his ever so charming smirk while touching my cheeks with a soft stroke.

His finger's tingled against my skin and it felt nice, and I wanted him to touch me more and further down. Explore me more. That thought made my face flashed red, and not knowing how to respond, I quickly dove and hid my face in his chest, in a childish attempt to hide from embarrassment at my own perverted mind.

"Hey now, what is it you hiding away for?" Devin chuckled, softly kissing the crown of my head. 

"I won't say," not moving.

"Oh... something really horny, isn't it?" There were teasing innuendos there. 

"Idiot," I mumbled. Which clearly answered his question with a most definite big fat, YES. 

"Hmm....?" The bastard hummed. Really pleased with himself. I wanted to whack that happy-go-lucky grin off his face, that he is for sure sporting. But I let this one slid, for the time being. Didn't want to spoil the good mood just of yet.

Later, we then fell into a comfortable silence. Just enjoying being the way we were, laying there in each others embrace. There was enough words needed to be said between us in the quiet. I felt comfortable where I was, my head upon his chest listening to his breathing and heart beat.

Devin was slowly getting me into a heavy daze of thoughtfulness with his fingers combing through my hair and softly massaging my scalp. He didn't seem to be paying attention at what he was doing, seemly lost in his own thoughts. His hand continued fixing out the bed knots in my hair, until it was combed straight and smooth. His hand then traveled down my arm and found itself resting upon my left shoulder. It happened to land right on my scar and I instinctively reacted with a sudden flinch.

Devin was immediately jolted out his thoughts and he quickly retreated his hand, and saw that scar from 10 years ago.

"Oh don't worry, it doesn't hurt," I told him assuring him because he had this look of concern.

"Where did you get it from?" Devin gently with fingertips traced the long thin mark. It felt sensitive under his touch, even after so long, I shudder in response.

"It's from 10 years ago, the day I was thrown out by my family." My voice lowered, memories hidden suddenly started reappearing after such a long hiatus spell. It didn't come to me in a sudden rush, but in small pockets and pieces.