CHAPTER 6: I Don't Need A Babysitter!

Start from the beginning

        I was wearing a amethyst purple dress with a cardigan that showed a little cleavage and was a little bit above my knee, but not too short. 

       When I walked out, Gavin whistled at me. 

       "Damn girl. You look hot." He says making me blush. 

       "Thanks. I can't believe I let you talk me into wearing this." I tell him.

       "Well you know me. I like to inspire and encourage." He smiles and winks playfully at me before continuing. "Oh, speaking of encouragement, we need to do a few shots before we leave." He tells me while grabbing my hand and leading me towards the kitchen. 

       He takes out a couple of shot glasses and starts pouring some Jack Daniels into each one. 

       "You know I don't drink." I tell him. 

       "Yes, well. I also know that you need some more confidence in how sexy you are tonight so that you can hook up with some stranger." He teases. 

       "Yeah, that's not gonna happen. You know I'm not the majority of the guy's population's type." I remind him. 

       "OK, I don't know what you are talking about, but girl, you need to take a couple of shots with me." He says while handing me our first shot. 

        "One, Two, Three." He counts down before we both take our shots. 

        Immediately I make a disgusting face cause it was way too strong for me. But then before I could tell him that one was more than enough, he hands me another shot. 

       At first I begin to hesitate and then I hear a female giggling from James' bedroom. So without anymore hesitation, I just shoot it back. Then I pour another shot and take it. 

       "Damn girl. Save some of the drinking for when we get there." Gavin says. 

      "Let's go." I tell him while putting the apartment key, my phone, money and ID in my bra. We then head downstairs and leave for the club in a taxi. 

***********************************************************************************************

         After we arrived and while walking into the place, the music was booming loud, the lights were multi colored and moving all over the place while the club was packed with many people dancing and having a good time. 

       I felt a little nervous, considering that I also don't like going to clubs. Which I know that that probably makes me boring. But I just don't like being around drunk people. However, tonight was different, I was with Gavin. I knew I would be fine. Besides, I deserved to have this night out. 

       We walked up towards the bar and the bartender commented on Gavin's special effects. He pointed to me and told him that I did it. To which the guy complimented me and then told Gavin that he would most likely win the competition. 

       This place was cool. Gavin told me that this club had a theme every Friday. And that tonight's theme was The Walking Dead. 

       We saw a lot of people dressed up as the characters from the show and some people that were dressed in casual clothes. Which was nice cause I didn't feel so out of place. 

       A couple of hours in and Gavin was already making out with some guy that was dressed as Rick and I was dancing all by myself for a while and already had a few drinks in me. I then stop and head towards the bathroom. Which of course, another part of a club that I hate, waiting forever in long lines while girls redo their hair and makeup while the rest of us are trying to think of dry things, so that we don't piss ourselves.