CHAPTER 5: Memories....

Start from the beginning

       When I see her, she's dancing a little bit as she is sculpting an Abraham Lincoln? Whoa. Is she a special effects makeup artist? And is he a zombie?

       I wanted to say something but quickly decided against it and just walked off to my room to pass out. I was dead ass tired and knew I had needed sleep. 

       I woke up and took a look at my cell phone and started looking through my GMAIL at my messages. Still haven't heard from Luke. 

       My stomach started growling and I realized that I hadn't eaten since this morning. So I got up and headed into the kitchen. 

       As I walk into the living room, I didn't even notice that Angie was sitting down on the couch, watching tv. 

       I look in the fridge, trying to look for something to eat, when I hear her tell me, "Oh, I made some steak fajitas. There's a plate for you in the oven."

       I'm surprised. Why did she make dinner and save me a plate? 

      I opened up the oven and there on the plate were three steak fajita tacos and a Santa Fe Salad. My mouth was watering. 

       I grabbed a water from the fridge and took out a fork and started walking over towards the couch to sit next to her. 

       As I sat beside her, she looked to still be eating. So she must have just made these. It looked and smelled delicious. I can't remember the last time I had a home cooked meal. 

       While taking a bite, I look at the TV and see she is watching one of her favorite movies. The Princess Bride. I shake my head as I take another bite. 

       I guess she saw me cause she asks, "What?" 

       "Nothing. Just, I can't believe you like this movie. It is so lame and cheesy." I reply. 

      "No it's not. It's romantic and cute. Also, if I recall, you liked watching the movie too." She said with a smile. 

      "No." I chuckled. I liked the 'You killed my father, prepare to die.' But that was it." I tell her. 

      "Yeah, yeah." She chuckles while taking a bite from her taco. 

      "And I never understood why you always liked the main guy. I mean, I don't know why girls think he's hot with that mask on." I laughed. 

       "Maybe it's not so much that he's hot. Maybe girls seem to fall in love with him because he's a romantic and would do whatever it takes to be with her. He would risk dying for her. He told her he would always come for her, and he followed through." She said while sounding like she was trying to make a point or point out something. 

       "Yeah, but also, that moment when he says, 'As you wish.' I mean, what the hell is that all about? He can't just come out and say 'I love you'?" 

      "Because maybe, 'I love you' sounds too cliche and common. He wanted to be different. Wanted it to be more meaningful. I think it's romantic, personally."She says while finishing her last bite of food and still looking at the TV screen. 

      I looked at her with admiration and started remembering why I loved her. 'Wait. Stop thinking like that. That's in the past. Me and her are in the past.' I immediately told myself. 

***********************************************************************************************

<<ANGIE>>

       After I was finished working on Abraham Lincoln, I turned my music off and realized that it was around 6 PM and I hadn't had anything to eat after breakfast except for an apple a few hours ago. So I went to the kitchen and began looking at the groceries I had gotten earlier. I quickly decided on steak fajitas with a Santa Fe salad mix.

       I knew that James was still sleeping, so I thought of just making some for him and leaving it in the oven since there was more than enough.

       After I was finished making it, I sat down on the couch and looked to see what was on the movie channels. And as luck would have it, one of my favorite movies was about to start. The Princess Bride.

       I have always loved that movie and had always thought Wesley was not just romantic but also beyond sexy as hell in his mask.

       About half an hour into the movie, I see James walking out towards the kitchen not noticing that I'm on the couch.

       I see him opening up the fridge door and looking around for something to eat. So I tell him that he has a plate of food in the oven.

       "Oh, I made some steak fajitas. There's a place for you in the oven." I tell him.

       He didn't reply. So I figured he would just take the food back into his room. But no. The next thing I see is him in his boxers with no shirt on, come walking towards me and takes a seat next to me.

       As I continue watching the movie, I notice out the corner of my eye, him shaking his head.

       "What?" I asked him.

       "Nothing. Just, I can't believe you like this movie. It is so lame and cheesy." He replies.

       "No it's not. It's romantic and cute. Also, if I recall, you liked watching the movie too." I said with a smile.

       "No." He chuckles. I liked the 'You killed my father, prepare to die.' But that was it." I tell her.

       "Yeah, yeah." I chuckle, sounding not entirely convinced, while taking a bite from my taco.

       "And I never understood why you always liked the main guy. I mean, I don't know why girls think he's hot with that mask on." He laughs.

       "Maybe it's not so much that he's hot. Maybe girls seem to fall in love with him because he's a romantic and would do whatever it takes to be with her. He would risk dying for her. He told her he would always come for her, and he followed through." I said while trying to make a point. Also, I began thinking about the time when he used to tell me 'As you wish.' Because he was trying to be romantic. 

       "Yeah, but also, that moment when he says, 'As you wish.' I mean, what the hell is that all about? He can't just come out and say 'I love you'?" He says. 

       "Because maybe, 'I love you' sounds too cliche and common. He wanted to be different. Wanted it to be more meaningful. I think it's romantic, personally." I tell him while finishing my last bite of food and still looking at the TV screen. 

       We finished watching the movie together with him cracking jokes every so often and me lightly slapping his arm telling him to shut the hell up and stop being jealous. To which he would just roll his eyes. 

       Afterwards, we headed to bed and said goodnight. But before laying down to sleep, I thought about when we were watching the movie. I began to smile as it brought back memories and made me realize just how much I have missed him and even if we were friends and never together like we were before, that's OK. I just wanted him in my life again. 

NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOON!!