Charlie Meets The Fairytale World

That morning, Charlie woke up to the sounds of her mother screaming,

"CHARLIE GET OUT OF BED ITS TIME FOR SCHOOL!"

Little did her mother know, that she wasn't going to school.  She was going to her Aunt Carries house to tell her what she found, and hopefully go to the Fairytale world.  Charlie got dressed in her sparkly tutu, a pink t-shirt, a pair of black leggings, and boots.  She put on her bottle cap necklace, and grabbed the book and stuffed it in her backpack.

She went downstairs and saw her mother cooking her favorite meal.  Chocolate pancakes. Elizabeth put two pancakes on her daughters plate and sat down next to her.

"So Charlie, how did you sleep?"

"Good, I guess." She said eating her pancakes.

"Look, I know your very upset about the whole situation, but believe we're doing this because we think this is what's best for grandpa. But don't worry you'll still be able to see him everyday."

"Yeah, but it just won't be the same." Charlie said.

"Yes, it will Charlie. Don't think like that. Sweetie, I'm going to be home late today, so Matts going to pick you up from school. Ok?"

"Ok." Charlie said. "I have to go, bye mom."

Before Elizabeth could answer back, Charlie was already out the door. She ran to her Aunt Carries house, which was only a block away.  She ran up the steps and banged hard on the door.  Carrie quickly opened the door.

"Charlie, what's wrong?  Why aren't you heading to school?"

"We need to talk."  Charlie said running into the house.  Carrie closed the door, and was very confused.

"Charlie, what's going on?"

"Is this your old story book grandpa read to you as a child?" Charlie took the book out of her backpack, and Carrie let out a tiny gasped.  She took the book from Charlie and she smiled.  She hadn't seen the book is ages, and she was very excited to see it again.

"Charlie, where did you find this?"  Carrie asked.

"I found it in Grandpas attic."

"Wow, this brings back some memories.  I remember Grandpa reading this to me in bed, he said that this book was his inspiration for the Fairytaletopia series."

"Aunt Carrie, have you ever seen it glow?"

"Well, I thought I did once when I was younger.  But I think it was just my overactive imagination." 

"Aunt Carrie, I've also seen it glow.  It glowed all day yesterday."

"Charlie sweetie, books don't glow. It was probably just your imagination." Carrie said. "Charlie please, go to school. Your going to be late."

"Not until I show you." Charlie grabbed the book and it started to glow. Carries eyes grew wide and she gasped.

"It's, its, its glowing!" Carrie said breathlessly.

"I told you." Charlie said and smiled. She set the book on the ground, and opened it. "What do you think it does?"

"I don't know. Maybe it has batteries, or maybe it runs on solar power?" Carrie guessed.

"Aunt Carrie! It's magic, this must be a way into the Fairytale world." Carrie yelled.

"Charlie, I don't know. I'll figure this out, you go to school. I don't want your mom to get mad at you."

"But, Aunt Carrie."

"Go Charlie, I'll handle this." Carrie said raising her voice.

"No! Not until I show you that it's real!" Charlie said. She looked at the book and jumped, falling into it. Carrie screamed, as she saw Charlie disappear into the book.

"Carrie!! Are you ok?"  Her husband Scott said running down the stairs.  Carrie quickly picked up the book and closed it, and it immediately stopped glowing.

"Yes I'm fine Scott.  I just saw a spider."

"I thought I heard another voice?"  Scott said.

"Must have been the tv.  I'm going over to my dads house, and then I'm going to head over to work."  Carrie said and grabbed her purse.  She kissed her husband on the cheek and ran out the door and to her car.  She put the book on the passengers seat.

"Oh please let Charlie be ok." She said to herself.
.....................................
Meanwhile,  Charlie was flying through a world of light.  She screamed, until she saw a bunch of trees, and the sun.  She landed in a patch of dirt.  She stood up and wiped the dirt off her tutu.  She looked around, and she saw that she was in a field and unicorns were everywhere. She smiled at the sight, she went to go pet one but it jumped back and it scared her.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." Charlie said walking closer to it.  The unicorn crept over and stuck out its nose to smell her.  The unicorn then bowed and the rest of the unicorns followed.

"Ok, that's weird."  Charlie said. 

She then heard some music, she walked closer to it and she saw a huge golden palace. She walked up to it and walked up the stairs. She followed the music up the stairs inside and into the ballroom. She stood at the top of the stairs and smiled. She noticed all of her favorite characters from the fairytales she read and she even saw her Aunt Alex and to her surprise, her Grandpa Conner. She ran down the stairs, and slowly walked towards him.

"Wow, guys it's been way to long. I've missed you so much!" Conner said.

"It has been way to long." Jack said. Jack didn't change that much from the last time Conner saw him, but he did have white hair, and a few wrinkles.

"So how is Bree?" Goldilocks asked. Goldilocks now had long white curly hair, and also a few wrinkles.

"Um, she died a few months ago." Conner said.

"Oh my! So you've been alone all this time!" Froggy said.

"No I'm not alone. Yes, I felt alone when Bree died, but I was reminded that I have amazing kids and grandchildren too." Conner said.

"Oh yes, when will we be able to meet them?" Red asked. Red wore her big red dress and had her now white hair in a high updo.

"They actually don't know this world exists." Conner said.

"Grandpa Conner?" Charlie said. Conner saw Charlie and his eyes grew wide.

"Charlie?!" Conner said and picked her up and hugged her. "How did you get here?"

"The Land of Stories book. It was glowing in your attic." Charlie said.

"Awe man, you found your birthday present." Conner said and smiled at Charlie. "Guys this is my granddaughter, Charlie."

"She's so cute!" Red said and smiled at Charlie. "Hi Charlie, I'm Queen Red Riding Hood."

"Well it's nice to meet you Charlie. I'm Charlie Charming, but my friends call me Froggy."

"My real names Charlotte but I like Charlie better." Charlie said hugging her grandpa.

"Charlie, these are the rest of my friends. Goldilocks and Jack, and you probably don't remember your Aunt Alex."

"Charlie, I remember you when you were just a baby. Look how much you've grown." Alex said, she then bent down to Charlie's level. "I'll explain your dream later."

Charlie smiled and nodded. The rest of the night Charlie got to meet all of the characters she grew up reading, and the Fairy Council. They even got to see Reds performance of a Midsummer Night's Dream. Charlie ended up laughing at it in the end with her grandpa. Charlie had a great time, and she never wanted to leave.