Everyone Deserves A Happy Ending

“I LOVE HIM! He actually is pretty cute.” Karen was the first one to speak as Amy entered her room.

“You all are still here?” Amy groaned. She was looking forward to just lying down, immersing herself in thoughts of Eric, and just dozing off.

“Of course we’re here! You just experienced a momentous moment in your life! Your aunt proposed to the boy you like, from your side! How do you feel about that?” Zahaan said sarcastically.

“I hate all of you. You’re idiots.” Amy chuckled as she pushed Zahaan and Farrah to make way for herself on her bed.

“Okay, but jokes and Eric aside, Zahaan just told us what happened about the bakery.” Farrah said. “You’ve been keeping quite a bit from us, haven’t you?” She shook her head disapprovingly.

“I just didn’t have the time to announce every single small development to everyone. I’m sorry; I’ll keep you guys posted from now on. And if Za has told you everything, then you guys will understand if I say I’m super sleepy and just want to drop dead, right?”

“Yeah, we get the point, we’re getting lost.” Jehan chuckled and hugged her before they all trooped out. Amy lay down, thinking about everything that had happened.

She remembered Mr. Gaitonde’s words-”Malik should be behind bars by tomorrow. And then, you’ll have the bakery free to yourself now.

I’ll have the bakery free to myself by tomorrow.

She liked the sound of that.

The next day around noon, the house phone rang. Aunt Silloo picked it up. It was an officer from the Police Station, who had called to say Aryan Malik had been arrested.

“Ames?” Silloo poked her head through her daughter’s room to find her still sleeping. “Ames, it’s afternoon! Come on wake up. We’ve got to go to the police station.”

“Mmmh..” Amy sleepily groaned and woke up. “What? Why? I didn’t do anything now!”

“It’s not you, it’s Malik. They’ve arrested him. They need Saras, you, and Zahaan.”

“Jehan needs to come too. He was sort of a part of it. I’ll go get ready.”

“You do that, I’ll tell Jehan.” So saying, her aunt walked out of her room.

“You! You’re going to pay! You’ll suffer the worst karma! You’ll go to hell!” Aryan Malik yelled at Amy from behind bars.

“Inspector Bhosale, please beat him a few times. I think he’ll shut up then.” Gaitonde calmly handed the policeman the keys to the lock-up.

Immediately, Malik shut up, and resorted to shooting death glares at Amy.

“So everything is done?” She asked Gaitonde.

“Yes, child. We’ve recorded everyone’s statements, filed the charge sheet against him, and he’s going to be here for some time. Bribery is a pretty serious crime.” Gaitonde shook his head at Malik.

“So is stealing! She stole the papers from my office! I bet you’ve paid him to arrest me, too!” Malik yelled.

“Mr. Bhosale, I think now’s as good a time as any. Go right ahead.” Gaitonde nodded at the inspector, who opened the lock up, grabbed a stick, and struck out once at Malik.

Amy flinched, hearing his groans. “Mr. Gaitonde, is that really necessary?”

“Fear is the best method of gaining submission.” Mr. Gaitonde sighed, “No matter how much you dislike it.”

Amy nodded solemnly.

“There were some papers you wanted him to sign?”

“Yes! Cancellation of the lease.”

“Go right ahead.” Amy was ushered into the lock-up, and she handed over the papers to a reluctant Malik, who muttered a string of profanities and signed them, realizing he had no choice.

Sugar And Spice was well and truly Amy’s now.

A day later, taking the advice of Mr. Gaitonde, Amy and Zahaan asked Jagga to return the papers to Aryan Malik’s office.

Two days later, Mr. Gaitonde called to laughingly inform Amy that the police had conducted a raid of Malik’s office and had found the papers, much to Malik’s disbelief and frustration. He now also had a charge of destruction of evidence, and giving false accusations and statements on him. Amy giggled with delight at that.

The very next day, Jagga was invited home to lunch, by none other than Silloo Aunty. Thankfully, this time, she’d been briefed by Zahaan so as to topics that were acceptable and unacceptable to discuss when you have a teenage guest over at your house. Jagga left with a stomach full of calories that he would burn when he worked out the next day, along with a “Thank You” cake, baked specially by Aunt Silloo and Amy for him.

The bakery reopened with much gaiety, and a proper opening ceremony was held this time. Aunt Silloo started working with Amy to bake cakes, until Saras asked around his circles to find them new employees. Aunt and niece both fell into the same regular schedule that Amy had adopted a few weeks back. They needed help, so on weekends and holidays, when the cousins and elders had time off from work and college, they helped in the baking too.

Zahaan had threatened to burn Amy’s hair in her sleep if she ever told anyone outside the family that he baked on holidays.

Eric finally fixed up a date for Amy to meet his family, and she was eagerly waiting for it.

But for now, she was just happy doing what she always wanted to do. Often, she went up to the terrace to talk to Gramps and Granny. She knew Gramps would be happy she was running the bakery. After all, he was the one who taught her to think and aim tall, and taught her that there always was a way.

*start of crazy writer phase*

IT'S DONE. IT'S DONE HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I ACTUALLY FINISHED WRITING THIS WHOLE THING! :D

*end of crazy writer phase*

For all you guys that have stuck by, THANK YOU SO FRIGGING MUCH.

Sugar And Spice was a crazy book to write, tough in some places. It was a book that was dear to me, because I've seen this happening to some businesses. It's crazy, having something you love being snatched away from you.

There's just one last chapter left, a fun, happy one, and then, S&S is over :)

Do spread the word and keep the votes coming, though.

I'll start with a new book in June-July, maybe